Need vinyl screw cover trim for 1990 Holiday Rambler.

Started by 1990HR, March 18, 2015, 08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1990HR

Hi guys, I hope someone can help me.
I have a 1990 Holiday Rambler Aluma Lite XL and want to replace the outside vinyl trim.
All I see is the insert type and this is a "C" type that clips over the top and bottom of the channel.
I have called Holiday Rambler, a vintage camper restoration shop and searched the net high and low.
I found one trim but it is very thick and does not look like it will bend well following the curves of the channel.

Thanks for your help.

Here is a pic of the side of the trim.

Rickf1985

I was all prepared with a whole group of places to look and then I saw the pic................... What the? Never saw anything like that one.

1990HR

I know Rick it's driving me nuts not being able to find it. I found parts easier for a 1967 Buick Riviera than this 1990 HR. :)
I'm not giving up trying to find it.

HandyDan

1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

HandyDan

1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

1990HR

Thanks for the reply Handyman. I have actually seen both of those and have a message to another Ebayer about his trim and what manufacturer it is to see if they have one that is thinner.
The trim on the motorhome is thin because it has to make some tight curves on some areas.
Also the trim is .937" with a caliper so probably 1" for trim sake.

tiinytina

Call Sands RV in Madison Ohio.... they will know exactly what you need....
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

ntsc358

HandyDan

I feel your pain.  When I started replacing parts on my '84 Holiday Rambler Imperial I ran into the same problem.  Parts are no longer available, such as the vents on the roof, the black vinyl trim inserts (I went to Colaws RV Salvage and pulled all I could get off junk RVs), refrigerator (nothing new is the same size), city water fill valve (nothing new will fit the space), and rear heater (there is nothing to replace it if it starts leaking.  Mine blew up while on the road and spewed antifreeze all over the bedroom).  However, I love my HR and have overcome the problems by fixing what I could and compromising what I couldn't.
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

1990HR

Quote from: tiinytina on March 19, 2015, 09:34 AM
Call Sands RV in Madison Ohio.... they will know exactly what you need....

Called him today and sent a picture of the trim. Nope, he didn't have it or know where I can find it. :(

TerryH

Maybe try this site - difficult to navigate (search and contact us may help) but their catalogue is the size of a large city phone book. They carry and supply an amazing variety of trim, etc. items to numerous retailers, dealers, servicers, etc.
Again, their site is difficult as they wholesale only - they assume you know their term for the product you are looking for - no over the counter or retail.
If you find what you need let me know and I may be able to help explain to you how to deal with how to buy it.
Been there, done that.
Terry

http://www.crlaurence.com/default.aspx

It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

Rickf1985

Terry, Glancing through that site I see a lo of the moldings that are used in different places on my 89. I specifically need the window moldings. Actually I need them for my slide in even worse. I also need the right front slider tracks.  This may be a good resource to keep on hand even though they seem to only cater to there own product I am sure there is something that will cross over in most cases.

1990HR