North Carolina, 2015

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, September 28, 2015, 09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joanfenn

I thought that you got it for a doghouse.  Give the pups their own place for a change i??

M & J

Rick.........no...........

Pics or it dint happen.
M & J

ClydesdaleKevin

LOL Joan.  The pups would be miserable if they couldn't hang out with mommy and daddy!  And I'll get some pics while I'm working on it today.  Its raining out, so I'll be working inside the A-Frame getting rid of cabinets and whatnot to make room for my workshop tables and tools.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

Halloween weekend at the Renaissance Faire...and lots of Trick or Treater kids!  Day one was pretty good.  Really hoping it doesn't rain tomorrow!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

I really wish it would stop raining here in North Carolina!  The campground is a mud pit, sales were pathetic because of the rain on Sunday, Patti's arthritis is killing her, and its supposed to keep on raining into Saturday.  Seriously?  We can't WAIT to get the heck out of here and out to Arizona after Thanksgiving!  Its going to be a lean and tight winter if this keeps up!

Kev

Rickf1985

For the last three weeks you have been squawking you could not build them fast enough you were selling so many and now you are complaining about a little rain! Sheesh, you just can't please some people. N:( W% :D
And we still haven't seen pictures of the new acquisition. i??

circleD

Just wait few hours and the weather will change Kev  :DD. You know how NC can be. Do you need any help with the pop up? I can assist a few hours during the week. We plan on attending the Faire closer to the end when the crowds die down.

ClydesdaleKevin

Nah.  We're good.  Supposed to be good weather for the next 2 days, so I'll work on the pop-up and try to find a used spare for the Blazer on the cheap.  Most of my projects are on hold until I get to my sister's driveway, since the whole campground is a mud bog.  Still saying its going to rain on Saturday...which is our better sales day when the weather is nice.  This is an 8 week show, which means we have 16 days to make our money, not including student days.  Which means we have lost already 4 days to rain...a quarter of our income.  Yay.

Kev

Rickf1985

Sorry, I was just kidding about the squawking. :-[ Did you lose a tire on the Blazer? I thought those were fairly new tires?

ClydesdaleKevin

I bought the tires used last year...good tires with lots of life in them, but a slice to the inner sidewall on one of them killed it and made it non-repairable.  So I was riding on my spare.  Got it sorted out at a local tire shop today.  Cost me 80 bucks for a good used spare which they put on my spare rim, and they dismounted and remounted the good spare tire to my aluminum rim and balanced it, and rotated the almost new tire to the back.  So I now have two very good tires with new treads in the back, 2 decently good tires in the front, and a wonky spare that will work in a pinch.  No offense received bro...its all good.  Its been a hard year for us with the weather...Oklahoma was completely washed out with rain EVERY weekend.  And although Northern and Southern Ohio were good, we were already down a whole show, and then got hit with this year's weather pattern for Carolina.  At least I found a good spare and now the tires should last me another year.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

The new workshop A-Frame trailer is almost completely gutted with all the junk in the dumpster, I installed some cool little additions to Patti's mobility chair, and got our spare tire situation taken care of today.  All in all a pretty productive day!  My goal is to get the workshop completely moved into the trailer tomorrow...since we are good on stock for the weekend.  That is the plan anyway.  Assuming we don't get any rain tomorrow....blah.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

And...the Faire is closed again today because of the extreme wet conditions.  This really REALLY hurts the old winter vacation budget. 

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Nice busy day at Faire today.  Doesn't make up for the day lost, but its money in the bank for the winter.  I have to build some catapults this week, but not a whole lot...which means I'll have some time for other projects that don't involve getting under the RV in the mud...lol! 

Kev

HandyDan

So the sun is shining in NC.
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

ClydesdaleKevin

What is that ball of fire hanging in the sky?...lol!  Its been so dismal here that for the second time this week my solar powered Casio watch went blank screen, so I had to hang it outside on the mirror facing the sun to charge it back up.  Its a mud pit, but at least the sun is shining!

Kev

Rickf1985

Have you put boggers on Patti's power chair yet?

ClydesdaleKevin

LOL Rick!  No boggers, but I did buy her a detachable rain canopy for it.  I'll be working on the A frame again today, exercising the pups, and hopefully getting the pups their annual checkup at the vet if they can squeeze us in.

Kev

Rickf1985

One of mine is due for all of his shots too. Those bills are gonna start hurting now.

M & J

Walmart is always hiring door greeters Rick..... :D
M & J

Rickf1985

It may come to that if I can greet from a rolling chair.

ClydesdaleKevin

501.00 later, the pups and the cat all had their shots, all have a clean bill of health, and the pups are stocked up on Heartguard.  Paladin is SUCH a baby at the vet!  100+lb German Shepherd, and wouldn't leave my side, and I had to lead him to the scale to get weighed.  Big baby!  He doesn't like anyone else touching him...but as long as I'm hugging him, he'll allow it, even though he cries the whole time...lol!

Earlier in the day, we took them to the upper parking lot fields to run and chase tennis balls for an hour...and they were both SUPER happy to finally be outside and running!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Great weekend so far, and super crowded at the Faire.  Hopefully today will be as good as yesterday sales-wise!  Its Time Traveler weekend, so lots of Doctor Whos walking around, as well as Marty McFlys, etc...lol!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Closing weekend and last weekend were actually VERY good for sales, and we aren't as down overall as we thought we were.  We still won't be going crazy this winter vacation doing expensive things like Disney, but we aren't going to be eating ramen noodles either.  In the next few days, I have to knock out a specialty catapult for an internet order and get it shipped out, and then finish working on the A-Frame trailer, moving the workshop into it, and bringing it to the storage area.  Also before leaving here, I have to at the very least change the oil in the RV, and finish fixing the used Brake Buddy I bought.  We'll have a quiet Thanksgiving with the pups, and the goal is to hit the road to St Marys, GA to visit my sister either Saturday or Sunday.  So long 2015 season!  You were harsh and rainy, but we came out on top.  El Nino can go suck eggs...lol!  I'll still be posting a few more posts on this thread over the next few weeks, and then I'll begin the new thread, the next chapter, Winter Vacation, 2015-2016.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Oh yeah.  Here are a couple of pictures of the Chalet A-Frame pop-up I scored for $250.00, which is now the permanent North Carolina workshop that will be stored here every year.

I still need to shore up a few dry-rotted areas, and move the workshop into it...and seal a couple of leaks.  But for 250 bucks, I have a "hard" workshop, off the ground, that I can store for free as a complete unit each year.

Kev

Rickf1985

Are you going to stick around on here this winter? Last winter you fell off the face of the earth and we did not hear from you till after the Season started up again.