Sprite Caravan

Started by LJ-TJ, March 22, 2017, 08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

:)rotflmao This was the first time I've really had a chance to tow over any distance at track speed. You forget it's even on the back. There small but they have such big windows in them you don't feel like your closed in. For anybody out there with a small four cylinder these little girls are amazing and can be bought for thousands less than a Boler, Trillium, Compact.  ???

Rickf1985

I am 6'3". I do not see any way I could be comfortable in that thing in any position doing anything. I am taller that it is long, high or wide. N:(

TerryH

Not to worry, Rick. You will likely shrink with age.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

LJ-TJ

13' Sprite travel trailer1968 Sprite travel trailer. New brakes & tires two years ago, new floor last year, no leaks. Solid trailer ready for camping. Comes with original owners manual.  1234lbs easy to tow.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1254258952

LJ-TJ

WOW! That was fast. :)clap These little guys don't seem to hang around long.  ??? especially since they can be pulled by a Mini or MG.

CapnDirk

The fact that he got or close to it $4k  is a testimony to how Retro people are going.

It's good to know that us old guys are preserving history from a time when life was good.   :)ThmbUp
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

LJ-TJ

The thing of it is. I didn't know about these little rigs until I found out our 4 cylinder Suzuki wouldn't pull a full size trailer. When I saw that a Sprite was just trick I started looking for one. Right now there incredibly affordable. They can be had for any were from $200.00 dollars to $8,000.00 on the top end. But for right now you can pic a decent rig up for between $1,000.00 and $2,500.00. As soon as the little guys find out about them the ( Honda's, Fit's, VW's) the price is suspect will go through the roof. I'm starting to see that now with that last one going for $4,000.00. I talked to the person just before it sold and made the score of the century. I got a PDF of the Owners Manual along with a small history of the Sprite.   

CapnDirk

Some food for thought>

So many people have made a business out of restoring old cars.  I think the trailers are next, or it has already begun.

TJ.. You and me next year in our own syndicated cable TV show hacking through the brush with machetes to find the Cabana I showed in the for sale area!!!

You get the Canadian rights and I the US side!  We'll play off each other like those two Brit car dudes!
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

Rickf1985

Eh, You see what happened to the Brits don't you? The mechanic left the show. They decided his part was not really as important so he said fine, if I am not that important than I will just leave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IB15T1LYiY

LJ-TJ

Good one. Seem the way of the media these days. Drop quality and in fill with crap. See viewers think there important.  $@!#@! D:oH!

CapnDirk

No, these brits...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nenQI4HrUhk

If you have not seen "the worst car in the history of the world" the one hour show is a hoot!

TJ are you going to go find another?

M & J

That sucks. He was the only reason I watched that show.
M & J

LJ-TJ

Yep! Got my eyes peeled for another hopefully inexpensive. I need the front and rear windows and an sundry of other smaller parts. This could turn out to be as bad as my collection of Classic Winnebago parts. D:oH! Once I start dismantling her I'll post pictures. Sure hope other Vintage Sprite owners find this site. There's just not a lot out there. Yeah there's YouTube stuff but nothing like here were you can find out how to do stuff. Well ok not just yet but hopefully down the road like the Winnebago stuff. Hm?

Rickf1985

You better hope they don't find it until after you get your stuff you need!

LJ-TJ

No kidding. I just missed another one down the road a couple of hours. The guy said he didn't have it on 3 hrs and a guy from way up north bought it pretty much site unseen.  This is all new to me but holly cow. REALLY!

tmsnyder

It's the vintage camper fad happening now too.

M & J

Most of us older members here are vintage campers........ :)
M & J

DaveVA78Chieftain

I resemble that!   :P
[move][/move]

CapnDirk

TJ: isn't that the second one you've missed by hours?

LJ-TJ

Yep! I know nothing about trailers and just tripped over this make. Not a big deal at the start but as I got into them it was like WOW! These things don't stick around for long. Then when I could find stuff on them there pretty amazing little trailers. With a 1275 gross weight all the folks who want to go camping but don't want to do it in a tent and can't tow a trailer have just now been included. I think these little girls are going to catch on once people find out about them. I think they all ready are as they don't seem to stay up for sale long once there listed. Hm?

LJ-TJ

Rickf1985

He's on a roll, the addiction is really taking hold now! :D

M & J

Let me know we need to have an intervention.
M & J

CapnDirk

He'll come home some night to find us sitting in a semi circle around the Sprite with chips and soda with him front of us parts in hand.   :)rotflmao

LJ-TJ

:)ThmbUp Any time boys. You haven't seen my back yard have you.