1969 D22 Emergency Flasher Switch Replacement?

Started by Preese, January 09, 2019, 10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Preese

Me & You & Winnie Lou & a dog

Preese

Pic above of emergency flasher switch...and Yeah Baby that is orange shag carpet.

tmsnyder

The flasher is probably that can shaped thing in the picture behind the switch . Those go bad from time to time.  Is there power going to it?

Rickf1985

That would not affect one wire, That would be in the switch or in the turn signal switch. I would have to go over a diagram to know for sure.

Preese

Thx for comments.  Fixed!  Appears had gremlins in the wire to the RT rear bulb.  Before sending first post I failed to fully test the emergency flasher switch by switching the left and right rear bulb wires.  When I did, RT rear light still failed to blink but left still did so that eliminated a faulty emergency flasher switch unit issue.  So ran a test wire and blinker worked. Yay! Original wire passed a continuity check but guessing there was enough corrosion resistance to prevent bulb from lighting?  In any case, one step closer to getting her back road worthy after sitting in a barn for 28 years.  On to fighting the gremlins that caused the headlights to quit working. And address the self inflicted boo-boo with the new electric step hitting the new gas tank when it retracts. Doh!

1969dc22

love it. its worth all the aggravation. yours looks exactly like mine, rear bedroom?

Preese

Yes, rear bunk.  Serial num WPSD22709.  Sending you a Pers Mail.