Ahhhhhhh Confused More Than Ever. Vin Number

Started by LJ-TJ, February 11, 2019, 03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

R39CA35221916 Ok !@#$%^&*()_+ I know the R3 means I have a R300. According to the search information after that the explanation doesn't match up. Geeeezzzzzz. Can somebody decipher  this for me. PLEASE. $@!#@! D:oH!

thomas

hi im new ! but i saw somewhere that we have a vin decoder available for us  maybe rickf1985 can help you

TerryH

TJ, using the Dodge VIN Decoder below the sixth and seventh digits you posted don't seem to work.

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/Pages_HTML/DodgeVINdecoder.html
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

LJ-TJ

Aw Ha, exactamungo. That's what's driving me crazy. Just thought one of the lads might know something I don't. Oooops! Left myself opened on that one. What I mean is though someone may have a different interpretation.

Rickf1985

Thomas, Dodges are not my Forte and TJ has been a  contributing member here for many many more years than I have.  WHICH MEANS.................................. he is a really old fart so TJ are you sure you  read the numbers correctly? If they are raised or recessed try to get a pencil tracing.

Rickf1985

According to the decoder the R3, R4, R5 are 1974 only? On #6 could you be mistaking a 3 for a 5 and #7 a 5 for an S?

On my boat two of the hull identification numbers were wrong because they looked like other numbers.

LJ-TJ

Oh man, if there's any monkey's out there they best stay in tonight. It is flipping cold out there. Ok so amazing what a flash light, a magnifying glass and a good flashlight and a little cleaning on the data plate will do. So this is what I came up with. R30CA3S221916. Rick the 3 is defiantly a 3 and not a 5 but the 5 was an "S" Our bago  came out of Chrysler September of 1974 but didn't come out of Winnebago until May of 1975.   

DaveVA78Chieftain

Always remember that back in the day, Winnebago had to order the chassis early so they placed this years coach on chassis' purchased in prior years.  So in your case your 75 Coach has a Dodge VIN of:

R3 = M300 (RM300)
0 = Forward Control Motor Home Chassis
C = 10,001 - 14,000lbs GVW
A = 440-3
3 = 1973 J Series chassis (earlier than you thought)
S = Warren Truck Plant #1)
221916 = Serial Number
[move][/move]

LJ-TJ

:)ThmbUp Ah THANKS guys. I new you'd come through for me. Your an amazing bunch. Now I can go on the hunt for parts. It's looking like the old girls going to require a bit of investment this season. :)clap

Oz

Lol... the decoder is on the right side bar. It helps to look around just a little.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Oz

Lol... the decoder is on the right side bar. It helps to look around just a little.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca