Removel Gray Water and Black Water Tank 1975 Winnebago

Started by LJ-TJ, September 03, 2011, 10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

Well! Yep got to remove the black water tank and gray water tank out of Dimples. All I can find are four nuts,bolts attached to the tanks under neath so do I just unbolt them and the tanks drop out. TOO EASY  N:(

tiinytina

um the actual return lines from sinks and toilet should be there somewhere too... didn't drop the tank but replumbed the drain on a certain 68 so that all actually connected to tank and drained....   ps.. sometimes there is an easy button...
tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

Elandan2

We replaced our tanks this year on the '77Elandan II.  The first thing to remember is that the connections are threaded on to the tanks.  You will have to find the slip joint fitting on the drain pipes.  It is a union with a set screw in the side.  That will allow you to remove the short sections of pipe with the tanks.  The toilet is a little more problematic.  I ended up cutting the drain pipe off with a hacksaw and replacing both the pipe and closet flange.  After you get them out, if you are replacing the tanks, you will have to  measure carefully and then cut the holes in the new tanks.  The new fittings are a slip type that fit into the hole and allow the pipe to slip into them quite easily.  I found the Winnebago Coach service manual was invaluable in doing the job.  Another great resource available at CWVRV.  Rick
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck