How to Remove EternaBond Caulking Tape

Started by MSN Member, February 27, 2010, 10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlm98253

Sent: 12/15/2005

I received the following information from EternaBond's customer service center:

To remove EternaBond you can heat the tape with a heat gun or high heat
hair dryer and pulling on the tape as it is heated.  There will be adhesive residue left that can be removed by wiping the adhesive with acetone or lacquer thinner and scraping it as it gets loose with a
stiff, dull scraper.  Repeat as necessary. 

If you need to remove the tape to replace a skylight or vent, removing
the tape is not necessary.  Simply cut around the flange where it meets
the roof, remove the screws, and lift out the skylight/vent.  Position the new piece in location, secure with screws and seal with new EternaBond tape. EternaBond will bond to itself. 

Feel free to contact me at 888-336-2663 ext. 113.

Doug Fuller

MaitaiMacaw

sent: 1/11/2006

I love this tape; I took off all the old caulking and put this on instead.  I had to remove some of the tape (my goof) and I used a hair dryer and pulled up as much as I could, then  I used brake parts cleaner to loosen the rest of the stuff.  I tried different kinds of remover and found this to be the easiest to use. Also worked on the caulking too.

Oz

Sent: 4/14/2006

I needed to remove some E-bond tape from another use today.  I scraped off the bulk and used gasoline to remove the rest.  It came off very easily.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Froggy1936

Be very careful using Brake Cleaner If it catches fire it will make a deadly gas fume which if breathed can do fatal damage to the lungs.   Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.