oil pressure sensor location

Started by HandyDan, June 28, 2012, 06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandyDan

This is going to sound like I don't know what I'm doing, and that is probably partially right. I'm trying to install an oil pressure safety switch for my electric fuel pump.  The instructions are quite clear and I have everything I need to do it, but I can't find the oil pressure sender on the engine.  I thought it was at the rear of the motor near the distributor but I'm not finding it there.  If it is near the spark plugs on the driver's side, I can't see up there well enough to find it.  I don't see it on the passenger side.  Can anybody give me a general idea where to look?  Thanks,
Dan
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

HandyDan

Thanks Dave.  I thought I had found it by following a green wire.  However, thanks to your picture I discovered it was the coolant temperature sensor, instead.  Thank goodness that wasn't it because it is in an almost impossible place to get a socket on.  The A.I.R. system in right in the way.  It is not by the oil filter.  Tomorrow when it gets light again I'll look toward the front as in picture two.  It has to be there somewhere. 
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

HandyDan

Guess what I found?  Thank you Dave, you have saved me again.  I don't know how or why you have all the resources at your fingertips, but it sure is nice to have someone around with the knowhow.  The oil pressure sensor was at the very front of the engine on the driver's side.  It is much easier to get to than the water temp sensor that I had mistakenly thought was the oil sensor, even if I have to crawl under the MH!
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

My.winnebago.tribe

Did installing the new switch get your electric fuel pump to work? I'm running into this problem now.

Oz

You may or may not get an answer on that. He hasn't been on the site since early August.
Hm?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

My.winnebago.tribe

Quote from: Oz on October 07, 2020, 11:06 AM
You may or may not get an answer on that. He hasn't been on the site since early August.
Hm?

:P Thanks

tmsnyder

You can check the operation of your oil pressure switch, it should close to ground with the engine running if you have oil pressure.  If it has a single terminal just measure the ohms between the terminal and the engine block.   Open circuit when not running, 0 ohms when running.