Springfield MO 2012

Started by chicknnhead, August 20, 2012, 05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicknnhead

Well back from a long weekend, but had a great time at the automotive swap meet.
few weeks back i wieghed my motohome. no family or luggage just motorhome, full tank of gas and me
the drive and steering axle were backwards on the printout
I loaded for the swap meet:
now keep in mined at the below picture the coach is flat and trailer is on a grade, when on the street everything pulled level
and on the way to the swap meet i stopped and weighed again
40lbs away from gvw
needles to say the rig did awesome, with the 360 motor all tuned, new tires, external tranny cooler, new springs and shocks this year she really did great
I was able to 6.5 miles to the gallon @63 (i normally get 10.9 pulling s10 trailer)

ClydesdaleKevin

Sweet!  Sounds like you had a great time!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

chicknnhead

Well 2013 went great, motorhome did awesome, we ran 68mph most of the time. this is what 6.15mpg looks like..lol
she was squatting just a little bit from the trailer weight, but on the way home with half trailer she sat up tall(didn't get pics of the return trip)

chicknnhead

Start packing tomorrow.....Springfield 2014 is upon us. leave out Thursday morning
Heading down hwy 44. so if you see me..honk and wave..lol

HandyDan

Headed to Branson tomorrow.  I'll look for you as I go through Springfield.  However, I'll be on Highway 13 and then US 65.
Dan
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

chicknnhead

Well I had a great time, my uncles drove all the way from Indiana. my brother from texas. it was a great time, we only had about and hour and a half of rain on Saturday morning

few pics I took of the trip
leaving, got 6.85 mpg but I did mange to hit a top speed of 81mph...that was scary..but for the most part we run 70mph

guy carrying a roll bar he bought, he is a better man then me

my dad has a 65 corvair and a 96 sundbird convertable, these are not his but took a pic for him since they were parked together in the cars for sale section....

rain for a bit, and somewhat of the booth, booth is 50feet deep x 70 feet long

old Harley I saw

us loading up to come home Saturday night

my buddy paul who rides with me and the front cab part of the motorhome

loaded coming home

then final me..and my brother, dad and uncles
I'm holding my sons shoulders
my brother is on the other end in front of his son(in green shirt)
My dad is standing behind my brother
My dads oldest brother is standing in the front row
My dads youngest brother is standing next to me

until next year!

ClydesdaleKevin

Looks like you had a great time!  Love the old Harley dirt bike!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

chicknnhead

didn't get many pic this year, but had a great time!