1969? Winnebago

Started by seanobrien, May 24, 2013, 12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanobrien

Hello.  Just joined.  Just bought a Winnebago on Wed.  It's a TT.  Hoping for guidance on the pressure tank and learning more about the camper.  Thanks

JDxeper

The systems in the travel trailers are similar to the motor home coach. in the manuals sections there is a coach repair manual, which will tell you al about the systems and the side wall and roof. Only difference you don't half to worry about the motor.  Welcome aboard.
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

seanobrien

Thanks.  I appreciate it.

ClydesdaleKevin

Welcome to the group!  Nice looking Travel Trailer!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

maxximuss

seanobrien

Thanks for the welcomes.  Re-painted the signature "W" on the sides and tested the water systems today.  Works well on the garden hose and seems to work well when filled and pumped with air.  Only pumped the tank to 20.  Not sure how high to go.  Been reading a lot here at the website.  The info is great!

seanobrien

Not the best at painting, but it works for me.

moonlitcoyote

Very nice job on the painting :)

seanobrien

In an effort to have this functional by the end of July, for the Great American Irish Festival, I installed a battery to power the camper when no electric is available.  This TT didn't have that option, originally. Also, I have installed a new hot water tank and am going right through the stove.  Wow!!  Can the mice squeeze into the smallest places or what?!  The more I broke the stove down for a thorough cleaning....the more mouse souvenirs I found.  Hahaha.  The stove is a "Holiday".  The mice made it a Holiday Inn.  At any rate....almost there.  Brake lights, turn signals and flashers work.  No running lights yet, but that will get sorted out also.  Great project. 

seanobrien

Did some ceiling work.  Used a heavy vynl instead of wood panels.  Came out ok...hahaha.

intofire1

Great job. Just like new.  :)clap

Gil in LA CA

maxximuss

Nice work, looks great!

Froggy1936

Wow is that bright !!  Good job !!
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

joanfenn

Looking good.  Great job.

ClydesdaleKevin

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

Stripe

Wow, what a difference...
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Mytdawg

Yeah...  That really looks nice.  My old FAN trailer was leaking around the vents and the ceiling started to drop.  I took a couple of 1 x furring strips and trapped the ceiling material between them and what was left of the ceiling joists (or whatever those boards are called).  There, I fixed it!   W%

I could probably make it look worse than it is now.  I suspect I could not make it look much better.   :-[   I really don't understand construction techniques.  The ceiling panels are trapped above the walls and cabinets and it just looks like you'd have to tear it all out to do it right.  I can stand there and stare stupidly at it (with beer in hand) for hours though.   :)rotflmao

seanobrien

seanobrien

Awning looks good too.  Time to start thinking about winter storage.