Kids check ups and shots when on the road

Started by moonlitcoyote, June 26, 2013, 06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonlitcoyote

Has anyone full-timed it with young kids that still needed shots and routine check-ups? Without going back North I'm not sure how to go about getting Mike's shots and check-ups done. Even if I want to pay cash for it, sometimes its difficult to find a doctor that will just do these simple things.

Madathlon

Any State run Clinic will do the shots and even on a sliding pay scale. If you have Ins, or dont you can apply at those Clinic's even if your a none resident
Madathlon
   CWO4 Motor Pool Chief (retired)
   Onan Master Installer/Service Tech
   Mercury Marine Golden Wrench
   OMC Master Marine Tech
   ASE Master Tech

moonlitcoyote

Thank you Madathlon, any idea on how to find state run clinics? Anything specific to look under in phonebooks?

Madathlon

Look under Health and welfare, or go to the Local ER and ask them.
Madathlon
   OMC Master Marine Tech
   ASE Master Tech

Madathlon

Okay here some basic Info for any one RV with kids and no medical INS.

You can at any time show up at a ER and they have the paper work for you to apply for that states medical coverage. THIS IS A FED LAW. 
Kids can get free INS on low income or no income no matter where you live.
Now if your on SSDI or SSI or even unemployment they and you can get coverage.
IF you have a Vet in the family (Spouse) you can as a family also get low cost Tri-care and its good in every state.
I know this because I am a Disable Vet and have Tri-care for my wife and son while I used my VA coverage for myself.
Never fear having no Ins for your kids, Your kids will never be turned away from a ER.
Madathlon
   OMC Master Marine Tech
   ASE Master Tech

ClydesdaleKevin

I say sell all the kids off for scientific experimentation...that'll get you a lot of gas money!  W%

Kev :)rotflmao
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

moonlitcoyote

For immunizations ... Get your regular doctor to fax a prescription in to a clinic for the shot needed along with a current shot record and then the clinic can give the shot.

Shalydra

Walgreens and some other nation wide pharmacies nowadays also offer immunizations. Some walmarts even do em. No doc needed, just call ahead to confirm the location has the ones you want available (not all locations have the staff training to offer these) and schedule a visit.
examples here:
https://www.walgreens.com/pharmacy/immunization/immunization_index.jsp

Oz

Good info!  Also, if your income is low (even moderately low) you can get free medications for your children, and yourself, from Walgreens as well.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

brians1969

CVS pharmacies also has what is known as a "Minute Clinic" located inside some of their stores. You can go for shots, minor injuries, minor illnesses, check-ups, etc.  No appt. needed and they accept many insurances.  About half the states have them.