Dogwidgets Training Collars

Started by Stripe, March 30, 2014, 02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stripe

Dogwidgets remote controlled training collars.

http://www.amazon.com/Dogwidgets%C2%AE-Rechargeable-Training-Individual-Vibration/dp/B00771WQIY/ref=sr_1_2/180-5708419-7839465?ie=UTF8&qid=1396200798&sr=8-2&keywords=dog+widgets+shock+collar

I bought this set for both of our dogs and I loved them.  I won't go too much into detail but essentially you get two collars, one remote for both collars w/individual controls for each collar, two levels of shock and one level of vibration. Also included in the kit are different prongs for different K9 sizes, shock test light bulbs and one plug in wall charger W/ one USB charger cable.  First thing I did was order a second charger and cable so I could recharge both collars simultaneously.

The remote is pretty cool as it has two individual rows of buttons, one for each collar, and a center V button to vibrate both collars at once.

I have a 65 Lb Husky mix and a 85 Lb Dutch shepherd mix and I only ever had to use shock once on the dutch otherwise it's strictly vibrate.  For some reason she hates that more than shock.  The husky is a dog of another color. Shock had to be used more than once as vibrate fascinated him more than anything. 
For the dutch, we needed it to control her barking and it worked now all we have to do is show her the collar or remote and she quiets down.
The husky was a runner whenever anyone came by house and he would try to run out of the house when home or run away while at camp. One press of the low shock setting paired with a verbal correction did the trick.
While the collars themselves aren't totally waterproof, this can be remedied by applying a small bead of silicone to the seam where the collar is glued together. After I did that we stopped worrying about forgetting to remove the collars when we would take them to the Sound for a swim and some ball chasing. :D

That's it in a nutshell, hope this helps.
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

ClydesdaleKevin

What was the cost of this system?  We trained Barnabas and Sheba using the Dogtra system, and swear by it.  Totally waterproof and a mile and a half range.  11 years later, one of the collars is still operational and holds a charge...lol!

The reason I'm asking is that we are about to order a Dogtra set of collars and remote for Karli and Paladin.  300 bucks for the whole shebang with one remote for two collars.  If your system is significantly cheaper we might consider it.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

joanfenn

Kevin, I check what Fred had hilighted and the price was 70.00.  just click on the link.  Joan

Stripe

Fredric,

ClydesdaleKevin

Going to order a set and an extra charger tomorrow, and have them shipped to Muskogee.  I'll silicone the seam, and let you know how they do!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Stripe

Fredric,

tiinytina

Rufus our blue tick... at one point.. was wearing a manual shock collar, a fence shock collar and a bark shock collar... and did not care... knew he was getting shocked, didn't phase him a bit if any or all stood between him and any wildlife, fence or no fence also in between....  He would literally shake the shock off and run on.... wore out the batteries consistently.... Still shakes his head when he barks and hasn't worn any control collar for a good long while.... positive reinforcement to stop, return, trained him on the fence boundary (woven through a 6' fence)  etc.. nada... Stubborn pup to the core.
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

ClydesdaleKevin

Just ordered the collars and extra charger this morning.  Hopefully they ship pretty quickly!

Kev