Brake Booster Filter/Breather Replacement Needed

Started by The_Handier_Man1, November 27, 2008, 12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Handier_Man1

Sent: 10/12/2004 3:58 PM

Hello All,

I am new to classic MH’s and so far love the old timer and all the nostalgia that goes with. Even the upkeep/repairs are a blast (although my wife does not seem near as enthused/amused as I am. After searching the message boards extensively and learning many things, thank you thank you. I am in need of a brake booster breather canister for my (well the title says 21’ 1975 brave) any help would be greatly apriciated.

Thanks

Sent: 10/12/2004 5:10 PM

Hi;

The breather on mine is a Fram #CA-2PL1. After a call to NAPA they have a Wicks filter number 2720 that replaces the Fram. Hope this helps.

Dave

Sent: 10/12/2004 6:32 PM

shoove - re: your wife not sharing your enthusiasm, look through the photo gallery here at some of the handsome restorations/remodels that some of our members have completed, then share your favorites with her.  it's funny how contagious the excitement can become when you look at some of the possibilities together.

Sent: 10/13/2004 11:57 AM

Thanks Dave,

I really apriciate it. I will try and pick up one or two after I pay another visit the tire guy who was supposed to balance all six new tires and only got the front two. They actually left the old weights on the rear I couldnt believe it. I was able to get Denman 8 plys (bias) for 87.00 ea from redburn tires here in Phoenix. they are nice tires except I am not used to the "flat" spots when cold after they warm up a little they ride much better.

Thanks Again

Mike

Sent: 10/13/2004 1:17 PM

I need to apologize I should have been more clear. My wife (betty) absolutely loves our "new" MH she is forever cleaning, straitening, polishing and thinking of ways to do this or that. What she does not care for is the mechanical side of it and not necessarily the sitting at home our in the garage mechanicals this she understands what bothers her is having to work on it after we leave for camping either on the way to or after we arrive, like happened with our most recent trip. The rig was overheating on the way up and we had already past the half waypoint so I decided to continue on, gingerly of course. After arriving and setting up camp I started to tear into the engine and found out the thermostat was stuck wide open and thermostat housing had three little pinholes in it. So I cleaned everything off, got a ride back into town and picked up the thermostat (regular 180) could not find the skirted one, patched the holes with old school JB weld the kind that takes 24hrs to set up, bought a new upper radiator hose, put it all back together Sunday and the trip home was relatively uneventful. NOTE: The part I really got a kick out of was working on it while camping in the middle of “no-where”, it is somehow very gratifying to me to be able to do this.

Sincerely

Mike