Dinnette window leaking again - need window seals

Started by Rickf1985, April 04, 2015, 08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

Was digging around under the dinette for something and there was a roll of paper towels there. SOAKING WET!!! I don't think I am ever going to find all the leaks in this thing I swear. Since the dinette is centered under the large side window I figure it is probably coming in there but I have not been in there through all of the rain we have had for the last month, and snow. The roof leaks were usually running all the way to the front and coming out in front of the passenger window. Jerry, didn't you find some of the molding for the windows on your 89? If so where did you get it? Or anyone else who might know. Winnebago does not know if they have it but what they do have is made of platinum!! Last time I checked for the rear window it was like 6.00 a foot! I am not talking about the window frame to body, I am talking about the permanent window to the frame and the fold out window seals.

JerryP

I did find some at Winniebago parts, should be called overpricedstuff.com.
Gave up on it for now, as it is not some special proprietary part, and I have seen it before elsewhere, so I figure I can find it again in some webpage for a reasonable price.

Jerry P
89 Winnebago Chieftain 23RC
A work in progress

gpw9552

Rick

If your talking about the two crank outs your out of luck.  All six of mine need new seals and they are not available.

Oz

This may be one of those things which will take having to find something else to use.  Goodness knows, vintage RVers become pros at the use of "alternate options" to get the job done.  There are so many types of window seals out there, it might take some time and brain boiling, but I think there should be something that would work.  I couldn't find a specific seal for one of my eyebrow wing windows right off, so I went to Lowe's with a piece of the old one.  I found something similar, but I needed to use a box cutter to trim off a ridge.  Once I did that, it worked just peachy.

Moral of the story: when you can't get what you need, get creative!   :)

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

JerryP

My joy of owning vintage is not keeping it original, but making it what I want, with no worries about it not being original.
My Old RV will never gain, or lose any value, as long as I keep it maintained and running good.
Nothing has to be original, or OEM

Jerry P
89 Winnebago Chieftain 23RC
A work in progress

Rickf1985

Thanks. Jerry, did you find the crank out seals? Seem two of us could use them. I may have to pay the golden price for the glass seals, I have to stop the leaks. The problem is that when you go to the Winnebago sites they want part numbers and sometimes there are several choices and they never seem to be able to help and will not send a small piece to compare.Oz, I am more than willing to improvise but I need a place to start. I have places bookmarked where you can buy a ring with all of their samples on it for 40 or 50 bucks. That is a LOT of money just to find one or two piece's of molding!

gadgetman

I resealed some old 1973 windows. Replaced the glazing bead. Used a company called All-Rite 800.642.9988. They had some beading rubber that was the same as my windshields. The other windows I bought new from them. They also custom made 1 window for us. I will take a picture of the beading I have as I bought a whole roll. Might be the same stuff but this is for fixed glass windows.

[smg id=6996]

[smg id=6995]

Rickf1985

That's alright, All of the fixed glass on mine needs new glazing. The one in question right now is fixed on top with two crank open windows under that in the same unit.

gpw9552

Rick

I think the seal part# is going to be 084067 01 000

Bottom right side of page 135 of the winnwbago catalog shows a E Seal part # 084067 003 001

I'm just leaving for Cedar City, UT to pick up my 1987 33RU.  When I get back I'm going to call Lonnie at Lichtsinn Motors Parts and explore this further.  I'll let everyone know what I find.

I can tell you it is a hollow tube seal.  I didn't want to pull mine out last yesr because for the most part they were sealing out water but letting in dust.