Replacement rims for you're old split rims $66.75 order online and don't pay tax

Started by The_Handier_Man1, November 28, 2008, 09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Handier_Man1

Sent: 4/2/2004 9:05 AM

Folks, I found a place that has replacement rims a what I think is a really good price so that you can get those old split rim head ache replace and not worry about have a flat that everyone refuses to fix because its on a split rim. http://www.truckpro.com part number for all dodge frames and drive trains is 29577PG I put two on the front of mine yesterday and no longer have the vibration nor the worry of getting a tire replaced in case one goes down. I also got 2 new tires and the rims and paid less than 350.00 for both of the front tires and rims.

Thanks
Chris Schurmann

Sent: 4/2/2004 11:42 AM

Folks: If your split rims are the 5 bolt 17 inch kind, I would like to capture the wheels you no longer need or want -- at least if you are east of the Mississippi River, preferrably within 500 miles of N. Virginia. That way I might be able to pick them up and avoid shipping costs. I dont want to see those original rims scrapped is the reason. 

Sent: 4/2/2004 2:32 PM

Denison,

Mine are 8 lugs each, I'm going to keep one of them for now as a spare.

Thanks
Chris Schurmann

Sent: 4/2/2004 5:40 PM

My nephew is working as a subcontractor for a major RV manufacturer.They have tons of new wheels from new chassis' from when they put on chrome wheels and such.He is thinking of selling them and can do so  cheaply.He brought by a couple  that would fit my MB400,what do you think  they are worth price wise?What would you pay for them,and Im talking cheap,give me your thoughts please.What size and bolt patterns would like to get?Im also  thinking of putting some on ebay.
BooBoo

Sent: 4/2/2004 5:45 PM

BTW,he knows nada about RVs,what type of new chassis has wheels that would fit Winnies,and I will have him find out what type of chassis' they are manufacturing these MHs on and pulling these rims from.
BooBoo

Sent: 4/3/2004 10:22 AM

Hi Brian,

I am new to the RV scene also, but am learing there are many things I do not know.  Apparently, a split rimmed wheel is an older style wheel that is not in use much any longer.  These from what I understand require a special piece of equipment to put on or take off the rim.  Most tire places today do not have this available.

All of this is based on comments I have gotten from mechanics and tire dealers I have spoken to in the LA area, so I am not sure if this is an issue nationwide.  We have also discovered that there are many style of rims.  For our drums, we apparenly need a style of wheels where the 8 lug holes alternate between flairing in and out on opposite sides of the wheel.  This apparently helps secure the two tires on each side in the back and also to center the wheel on the drum.

We believe we have found the newer rims we need and have ordered new tires, but until they are on the Winnebago I cannot be sure.  Thanks for your response.