Noise near rear axle, passenger side duallies

Started by The_Handier_Man1, November 28, 2008, 09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Handier_Man1

Sent: 6/14/2004 9:02 AM

We took the Indain all around the subdivision yesterday! Fun ride. My husband disconnected the boosters, he unhooked the vacumn line only, and we drove around and the brakes never locked up. Great news! But, when we were driving there was aloud thump, thump, sound from the back dullies only on one side, anyone know what that might be?? I will definately have to email Alretta today. Thanks

Sent: 6/14/2004 10:24 AM

The flat spots on the tires from sitting for months can be enough to rattle everything in the motorhome, especially at specific speeds. I sent you an email about how to check for obstructions too - jacking up one side of the axle and turning the wheels in -drive-, to check if a rock or branch is wedged between the tires, etc. But block the other side wheels first. And of course check the air pressure in both tires. 

Sent: 6/16/2004 1:58 AM

denison said, "The flat spots on the tires from sitting for months can be enough to rattle everything in the motorhome, especially at specific speeds".

You can say that again!!  When I picked up my old girl, she had been in storage for a year -- it took 50 miles of highway speed to work out the flat spots!  But now that they are gone, she rides pretty good.

John Smith