Dump pipe stowage

Started by Jupp318, September 26, 2015, 12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jupp318

I thought I would share with you what I have done to make this a simple affair and keep the dump pipe away from anything else.  I bought a 4" domestic plastic sewer downpipe and a couple of screw-on caps from a DIY store.  I had to do some filing as the bayonet connector doesn't quite fit in the pipe.  This is actually an advantage as you only need to cut 1 slot in the end of the pipe to allow it to fit.  I used the piece I cut out to glue into the inside of the pipe to ensure the bayonet cannot slide further into the pipe as this would make the whole idea impractical.  I have mounted the pipe underneath the chassis at the rear, so that when you want to use the pipe you just unscrew the cap and take the dump pipe out and do the deed. I'm hopefully attaching some photos to make it clearer.
Cheers Ian...

joanfenn

That is a good idea Ian.  Way to go.  Probably will be copied over and over again on the site. :)clap :)ThmbUp

Rickf1985

I had one similar to that on mine when I got it but it was not big enough for the twist lock connectors. Plus it was all the way in the back and someone at one time or another had bottomed out the RV backing up and beat it up pretty bad. I have since taken it off but I like your idea for the twist locks.

ClydesdaleKevin

Nice!  Great ingenuity.  I've also seen bumpers that are square that fit the sewer hose with end caps that keep it in place.  Nice thinking!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

rustyzman

Nice piece of work.  Well tucked under.  Very similar to what I did too.  I went with two 6" PVC pipe transversely mounted under the rear.  One fits the sewer hose and the other the rolled up outdoor carpet.  Labeled so they don't swap homes.  I found that 6" PVC lets you leave the 90 on the outlet end of the hose.  Just have to uncouple the drain adapter fitting. 

Jupp318

I suppose if you have a pipe that big you could mount a blanking cap to the screw-on 6" cap so that you can always reach the hose.

DRMousseau

I like the idea of the slots. I had the square bumper storage and had tied cord to the caps to pull them out if they stuck or slipped in too far. I also have to consider winter freezing issues and made certain the bumper had some drainage, didn't want them frozen in!!!

I now have an enclosed utility area, and a large space between the waste tanks to hold these. I always keep mine capped, but I'd still like them INSIDE a container and may use a six-inch capped storage pipe in this space to keep the area clean as it also holds cord sets and water hoses.
Welcome,..
To The Crazy Old Crow Medicine Show
DR Mousseau - Proprietor
Elixirs and Mixers, Potions and Lotions, Herbs, Roots, and Oils
"If I don't have it,... you don't need it!"