Update interior or keep stock?? What did you do??

Started by Thenoob, October 12, 2015, 04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenoob

Growing issues need deciding on...

Have a wicked totally
Original 72brave shorty dodge.  Interior is completely original down to grandmas flower print curtains and seats.

There are things such as light fixtures, etc that id like
To update (led etc) looking
For input / Interior upgrades that you guys have done, opinions stock vs upgrade (resell value going ⬆️?

If you got pics, post em up.  The big one for me right now are all the old light fixtures, and addition of an led tv on a swivel mount possibly to upper bunk that swings down.

What have you done???

Thenoob

xerofall

I've updated a lot on mine. Added a microwave, TV on mount, upgraded the bulbs in my light to LEDs, got new pillows, etc. I plan on getting new curtains. My thread in the General forum is basically all about what I've done to the RV.

The original brown is just too much brown. Everything in the RV is brown. I like brown, but EVERYTHING is brown, haha.

Original brown...

More brown...

To combat the dated look, we've tried to add a little color...

New blue (It will tie in later on with the new wall paint.) It's a little wrinkly because I just put them up and need to trim the bottoms.

I also hid this behind a cabinet door so it wasn't in your face "new"

Swapping out the wood panel on the fridge with a metal one helps a little. I can also add magnets!

Before:

After:

xerofall

For yours, I really feel new seat covers, or reupholstering them will help a ton. Also replacing the curtain valances will help a lot too!

I'm not sure if I've ever been concerned with re-sale value on mine... I figured anything I've done only helps. I basically focused on just getting it all working... then worried about the look, haha.

Rickf1985

Although there was that article in the Washington Post about these old RV's becoming popular and gaining value I would not hold my breath. This is one of those things where you plan to never make back what you put into it. As far as keeping it original? There is no extra value to be had by keeping it all original, probably just the opposite. Someone looking to buy an old camper would be more than happy to see upgrades so they do not have to do them.

Thenoob

Yeah
I gotta lot of brown in mine too lol!!

The fridge needs a new door anyways, it's cracked so that looks nice.  I think I'll update those pot lights inside for sure,

Anyone near their ride or have pics of the light housing screws? Just wondering how big a fixture to look for as I'm away from my Winnie at the moment.  Don't want to replace and then it not cover where the previous was

ClydesdaleKevin

Depends on how you use it, and what you like.  If I was just an vintage enthusiast that only camped once in a while, I would totally keep it in its stock 70s glory.  If you are fulltimer and it is your home, then forget that crap, and make it your own, and as cozy and comfy as you can...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Thenoob

Mines def my getaway ride.
I dig o.g.  Just want to update it as "classy" as I can.  Takes a weird guy to love wood paneling and flower print curtains.

Although a nice flip down TV would
Be great for those rainy days....

xerofall

The TV DVD I bought was like $150 bucks and can be powered either AC or 12 volt and is super nice,  but not huge or in the way.

It's nice to have.

Thenoob

Where did you mount it?
I guess it all depends what model you have