Need wiper and headlight Wiring diagram.

Started by CapnDirk, December 24, 2016, 07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnDirk

Working on sorting things out on what the PO hacked on the wipers and high beams.  Neither work.  I've made repairs to the wiper control module but need to repair the wiring that was cut up.

I've looked at the chassis, and body wiring diagrams but can not find reference to either system (looking for wiring diagram for headlight and wiper).

Thanks for any pointers.
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

DaveVA78Chieftain

I take it you are not looking at the 1989 P30 Wiring diagram we have in the manuals area.  There are detailed wiring diagrams for both circuits in it for the P chassis.
[move][/move]

CapnDirk

Thanks Dave.  I can't remember my login to that area so will have to figure that out,

Did find something in my own collected stuff designated as drawing 94190, but it shows the smart stick going directly to the wiper motor.  This is not the case with mine as the smart stick passes through that  Dana controller.

Still looking.

EDIT:  Just noticed a note next to the stick wiring (3).  Referring to (3), I get "see manufacturers diagram for additional wiring"   $@!#@!
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

EldoradoBill

90 wiring is the same as the 89 when it comes to dash and cockpit controls. The Winnebago site has the diagrams for 90 and pin outs to the module and smart stick are identical.

Oz

Quote from: CapnDirk on December 25, 2016, 12:37 PM
Thanks Dave.  I can't remember my login to that area so will have to figure that out

You shouldn't need to remember the member area login.  It will be in the PM sent when you upgraded to Full Member.  If you accidentally deleted it, I can re-send it to you.

:) :)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

CapnDirk

AAAAARRGGHHH! 
You look and look for your keys, then then the wife says "the ones in your hand?"   D:oH!

Thanks Eldorado, but I've been over the wiring diagrams for days.  88 seems to be different.  The smart stick we have (see pic. Rick posted with delay knob on end) use TWO modules for cruise and wiper, were all others seem to use one.  Most every diagram I have looked at do not even SHOW the wiper motor.  The one that did, showed three purple wires at the motor.  I'v been able to get to the motor, to find two red, and a disconnected black and green.

I've repaired the Dana wiper control (blown diode and two fried PCB traces) and now need to test.  But need to know what plugs in where.

EldoradoBill

EldoradoBill

CapnDirk

Thanks Bill, I have both, and the color coding is different.  Those boxes mount in all four corners, and mine has two tabs on the side mid way the length.  It also has two plugs only marked input and output, whereas those diagrams show two plugs (one very small) AND a bundle of wires cumming out.

What I would LIKE to do is first get the wires back on the wiper motor.  I have 1 each black, green, red.  Two wires from the motor itself to two split terminals on the motor are red and green and a third terminal separate about an inch away.  Assuming they kept some consistency, I've plugged in the wires to match, and the black one in the separate terminal.  This did not get any joy from the wiper motor, but I did (fortunately) find my repaired wiper module heating badly where I hade jump wire those burnt traces. That particular trace goes to the output plug on a light green wire (not the green wire to the wiper motor which is kind of dark/olive green).  I immediately pulled the plug off the module, and there was quite an arc indicating a short or HEAVY load.

It's pretty easy to see what's the Dana stuff and what's the chassis.  If I could find out where that light green wire goes before I burn something up, that would be great.

Thank you all for your input.
P.S.  I'm amazed I can find so much wiring info, and yet the wipers and headlights seem to be passed over.