More LED lighting

Started by gadgetman, June 30, 2014, 01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gadgetman

I added 5050 LED stick-on light strips which come in a 16 ft roll. I installed them on the windshield frames, the drip rails right and left, the ft inside of the bumper and on the awning tube. Total of about 61 ft of lights. I used 1 24 amp controller for all the light on the coach which work with a remote to control the colors and patterns you want. The awning tube run of lights is controlled by a  controller which will change the lights with the beat of music if you want.

Here is a video of it in the shop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pZWVzypiSc

Stripe

That's cool Dave! 

And the RV is nice n glossy.. ???
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Wbago

Same as i got inside :D  . . i might have to add some more now lol :D

Rickf1985

Uh-oh, I see a competition coming, gonna get colorful.

circleD

I have those exact LED lights but I promised the wife I wouldn't put them on the Beast. Are you using the IR control or RF control? The RF has more lighting options. I use them also in my basement  ;). I like it!!!

gadgetman

The music control is a IR and only 24 button, the coach controller is a RF and 44 button control. The RF one will work through my outside fridge cover w/o opening it.

I also peeled as much of the cheap stickon tape they come with and used 3m outside car trim tape on them. Maybe overkill but didnt want them falling down. Same with the awning tube strip. Everything is hardwired on the coach. The awning you have to plug the strip into a controller and run it to a plug-in.

Here is the awning video , I stuck them almost under the ft flap so they dont blind you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM9NQbMDRXM

M & J

That is cool.  Drive as close as you can to Area 51.
M & J

circleD

The first thing I do when I mess with these lights is to put 2 sided 3M tape and trim it. It'll last as long as you prep the surface good. That looks sweet!!!

Stripe

Quote from: oldrockandroller on June 30, 2014, 10:27 PM
That is cool.  Drive as close as you can to Area 51.

:)rotflmao :)rotflmao
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28