Eternabond $41.99 for 4 x 50 roll

Started by MSN Member, November 21, 2009, 12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VistaCruzr

Sent: 4/26/2005 

www.bestmaterials.com has 4 inch by 50 foot rolls of Eternabond for $41.99 a roll. I looked everywhere in Alaska and the cheapest I could find a 4inch by 37foot roll was $105.00 bucks!! Ordered 2 rolls from these guys and got it in 2 days. Total for 2 rolls and shipping to Anchorage was $100.00 bucks.

mightybooboo

Sent: 5/29/2005

www.bestmaterials.com

I just ordered  2 rolls of the 4 inch X 50 foot "roofseal white" (eternabond),
2 inch X 50foot 60 mil double sided "doublestick" (also eternabond),
5 gallons "ultra EC 100 white" colored sealer to go over my EDPM roof,
and a 6 dollar roller to apply the tape.

Total with UPS shipping ground is 215.59.Thanks for the link,the prices  are good.

BooBoo

Oz

The 2" x 50' roll is only $21.99 now too!  And, the 2" wide is definitely adequately wide to go confidently seal seams, roof vents, and the rain gutters.  In my opinion, and I stress it is only my opinion, you can save half the cost and get the same results by using the 2" tape.  I resealed the whole roof last year, went on two camping trips during which we had a couple severe downpours, and the Pharaoh sat, uncovered, through a northern winter... snow, freezing rain... no leaks or any signs of the tape pulling away.  Either width, these are great prices, and if you are planning to re-seal your roof at any time in the future, jump on it!

- SolidlySealedSob
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

mightybooboo

Ahhh,but here is where your theory 'Doesnt Hold  Water'

I emailed eternabond and asked them about the silicone on my roof seems.  Wanted to know if eternabond has a chemical  problem if placed in contact with silicone, for as we all know, it  won't  stick  to it. Guy said no compatability  problem.  So I said, "Do I have to cut my edpm and remove the sealer?"  He said, "Nope, just  use "FOUR INCH TAPE!!!" and overlap it well on the roof side and fold over the edge."

So thats what Im going to try.

Silicone BooBoo

Oz

I see what you're saying, but it still holds (out) water.  Main point in favor is that it's not theory... it's tried and tested... by: moi. 

I trimmed off all the over-blob of silicone along the rain gutters down to flush so contact with it would be minimal and formed the tape over the seam and the screws as well.

That thick, peanutbutter/sticky stuff they use in it had no problem adhering to the plain aluminum and has had no problem holding up to the twisting of road travel and heat/cold/weather extremes.  I thoroughly inspected every inch of it about a month ago; everything perfectly intact as when it was applied.

However, having more on each side gives more sealing area and it provides additional adhesion, to be certain.  Perhaps the rubber roof might have something to do with it?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

mightybooboo

Exactly.  I think you're right about the rubber roof.  Yes, I will trim silicone down.  We may just be moving in a couple months and living in Winnie for a year while we do a homestead search.  We are talking rainy north cal, so roof repair is a must!

BooBoo

mightybooboo

Sent: 6/3/2005 

I just recieved my order.The tape is indeed Eternabond as its labled that way from Eternabond.
Placed order 5/29 after business hours and recieved it 6/3 using the cheapest UPS ground shipping.

Company gets 2 thumbs up.

BooBoo

mightybooboo

Sent: 6/6/2005

Thanks for the reply on cutting the tape.
I have a link  to  the eternabond repair movies.They are about 25 MB,so if you dont have broadband,they could take hours!
Go to  page,scroll halfway or so down,see the eternabond movie repair links.
Pretty cool,shows how well it sticks and to what and why and how.Very informative.

www.bestmaterials.com/rv_roof_repair_info.aspx

BooBoo