Can't find the WIN number

Started by mccarterj, October 15, 2009, 09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccarterj

Purchased a 1984 Chieftain two weeks ago. I need keys for the coach and compartment doors.
I find I can't find the WIN plate. I have been all over the drivers seat area, door jams, behind the seat on wall, down by feet area on wall etc. Nothing. My dealer says without the WIN number they can't do anything. I called Winnebago Ind. and was told with my VIN they could look up my WIN and call me back, that was a week ago so I don't expect that is going to work.
There is a Winnebago metal plate next to coach door with a PA no, an ID no, and a 5 digit VIN
Anyone have any experience with a missing WIN number and how to use the information I do have to obtain it?

DaveVA78Chieftain

What I believe you are looking for is the Certification Label.
Example of one is on page 2 of this link
http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/pdfs/How_to_Identify_a_Motorhome.pdf

Even my 78 had one though it was mounted to the rear wall of a upper cabinet in the kitchen area.

Dave
[move][/move]

mccarterj

Yes, that Serial number there, without it I keep running into walls trying to get parts and such.
I did look in my closets too. I had heard that there is the label with the axle weights and the WIN on it. No joy.

surfkarel

I have a 1970 winnebago and I could not find my VIN  I went to my local tag office and filled a title and VIN replacement. This took about 6 weeks. 
Yes I am a Pirate.  200 years to late.