Headliner Replacement

Started by fireballphil, September 20, 2010, 08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireballphil

After installing new shocks and air bags on our 1987 Chieftain, my next project was to do something about the headliner. It was a job and a half removing it, I was covered in foam as was the inside of the coach. Used a shop vac and two inch scraper to remove all the foam.

Had inquired on the web about replacement material, those I emailed never got back to me, so off my wife and I went to Lowes. There we found 3-9/16" x 5/16" x 96" tongue and grove pine panel, each package has 6 pcs. and covers 14 sq. ft.

I took the pcs. and cut them into random lengths, the longest being 30 inches and the shortest being around 4 inches.

After cutting, I took the pcs and using my router table beveled the ends to somewhat match the sides.

Using my air power brad nailer I put panel adhesive on the back surface and nailed the panels to interior ceiling. I'am into my sixth full day and I figure I am about 65% done.

Few neighbors stopped by to see what the heck I was doing, and after seeing how great it is turning out I feel good about all the work. Every one so far said it look great.

Tried downloading photo onto this site, kept getting message stating photos to big. So if anyone wants to see them you can look at them on my facebook page under Philip Blaising