options on finding a '73' Bago replacement door and frame

Started by lumpy, July 28, 2010, 10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpy

what is the chance  finding a door or a frame for a 73 indian ?  My door is still good but the hinges are broke and P.O. rigged new hinges that are less than optimal, He also fabricated a screen door he was quite proud of , I on the other hand  N:( .  Rig is great and worthy of a new entryway that I do not need to use the deadbolt to secure while driving , etc.....

lumpy

ibdilbert01

Any chance you can post pictures of the DIY hinges?
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

lumpy

Oz

Not sure what all you're looking for.  Hinges and a door frame, or just the hinges?

Alternative replacement hinges can be attached in many ways using hinges from home improvement stores, or the other option is an RV junkyard.

The PO of my rig had a really sad hinge replacement.  The door wouldn't even ope all the way.  Luckily, my Magic Junkyard had several 1970's Winnebagos there and I was able to get the original parts.

For one idea, take a look at this Topic:

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?topic=3256.msg7437#msg7437
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

lumpy

complete original door with screen would be optimal as a drop in , but can a new  replacement door be found that would work ?  if a frame  or parts are the fix I am good with that as well.  I am just looking at what options I have and the real availability of finding one or am I better off simply fabricating my own.  My luck I will spend 4-5 hours in time figuring out how to  fabrication something , then do it and whammo I realize there is something that would work or find one right around the corner.  purely Looking for the knowledge here on the board to assist in a direction to take .

Oz

There really is no such thing as a "new" replacement.  Only option is to find a good, used one, or make something.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca