Mystery Air Compressor Switch

Started by Madathlon, January 20, 2011, 09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madathlon

OK seems my RV has a air compressor but I have no clue why. It also dont seem to work. Does anyone have a clue what it be for.  I found out about it while cleaning up. its a switch on the control panel with the Water and waste tank levels on it. But switching it on seems to do nothing just as of yet
Madathlon
   CWO4 Motor Pool Chief (retired)
   Onan Master Installer/Service Tech
   Mercury Marine Golden Wrench
   OMC Master Marine Tech
   ASE Master Tech

4winds

Could be to pressurize the water tank.  Ed

LJ-TJ

Yep! my guess is that you either have or had one or two galvanized water tanks that were pressurized in order that you could have water for your shower, sink and toilet. If you fallow the wires back you should find a switch to operate it. It will be 12 volt and operate of you house battery. That's my guess anyway.  Hm?

Oz

If it's on your water tank level indicator panel, it's the switch to the air compressor for your on-board water tanks.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Madathlon

Madathlon
   OMC Master Marine Tech
   ASE Master Tech

Oz

It's going to be close to your galvanized, fresh water tanks.  You'll have a fresh water, outside fill inlet.  That connection will be a very short distance from the tanks.  Typically, the tanks are accessible through the big hatch in the rear of the rig and by removing the rear bed and it's underpanel, if you have a rear bed model.  On a rear bath model, I belive it's under the dinette seat and one of the split beds.

The control panel on which the switch is located is called the WEMAC.  The Eyebrow Coach Manual covers it, troubleshooting and provides the wiring diagram for it as well.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Madathlon

I think the manual has long been lost LOL But I will check the rear hatch in the AM
Madathlon
   OMC Master Marine Tech
   ASE Master Tech

JDxeper

The air pump on my 68 F-17 is located near the galvanized water tank.  Mine you turn it on to raise the pressure then, turn it off, repeat when water pressure is low. You should be able to hear it run.  My tank is under the driver side  seat in the dinette area, the dinette is in the rear. The tank will be close to the water fill, which also has a air valve stem to inject the air ( like that's on a tire).
For it to operate you need shore power,(which powers the converter) or a house battery.
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

Madathlon

ok found whats left of the compressor, It besides the water tank in the rear. crushed by someone tossing a jack on it. Will see if I can put a on-demand pump in place of it.
Madathlon
   OMC Master Marine Tech
   ASE Master Tech