Painting Inside of Fridge

Started by LJ-TJ, June 09, 2011, 11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

Hey guys I'm sure you've seen the inside of some of these old fridges, has anyone ever tried to paint the inside of one and if so what type of paint did you use. Thanks

tiinytina

two options... remove the light bulb so you don't see it is probably the easiest... :)rotflmao

The other is to remove shelves etc, degrease and scrub it out let dry completely, tape off fins etc. lightly sand surface, then apply a spray paint made for plastics.. Krylon makes one for plastics specifically.... of course you'd have to tape up a sheet of plastic or something and or remove fridge so that the overspray etc doesn't coat the inside of your rig...

Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

DaveVA78Chieftain

Never tried to paint the inside of a fridge but I have done some plastic painting.  I used Krylon Fusion paint:
http://www.krylon.com/products/fusion_for_plastic/
I did the bathroom sink/counter, toilet, and shower stall.  Has held up fairly well for 5 years.  I do have some rework to do on the toilet but that might be do more to the fact it is a toilet.

Rustoleum also makes a plastic paint:
http://www.rustoleum.com/cbgproduct.asp?pid=118

There are a few more brands. Google Plastic Paint

Dave

[move][/move]

Oz

I've also used the Krylon Fusion paint and the adhesion to plastic is much, much better than regular spray paint.  I'm a big fan of Rustoleum too for durability.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

JDxeper

I painted one and used the Krylon Fusion  spray paint, from Wal Mart.  I used a flat but now I would use a semigloss, so the frig is easier to clean. Did it last year and still has not peeled.  Looked very clean inside. I taped off the seals and the other stuff that was not plastic.  I used an almond color.
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

Froggy1936

I used the rustolium paint for plastics on my bathroom sink (removed from veh) 2 yrs ago has held up very well and is still at full shine (gloss finish) Highly reccomend it. Be shure you do not get any paint on the aluminum fins ot temp sensing bulb (it would act as an insulator) I also used that type paint to repaint my A/C cover  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.