Pesky slider bathroom door!

Started by mycommander, February 16, 2011, 06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mycommander

Can any one tell me how hard it would be to remove that accordion style door for the bathroom and put a real door in? Should I hire a contractor? Maybe one day I will run into some cash. Right :)rotflmao
Thank you, Scott

tiinytina

If the accordian door is on a track not to bad to unscrew everything and remove.. even easier if not on a track...
installation.. hmmm. probably would ahve to build one.. since its an "off type" door for Home Depot. I don't know if a closet or maybe linen closet door would fit the width... the only problem is door width as the "jamb" in RV doors is not the same... Our bathroom and shower door are maybe 3/8" thick total. Paneling on one and or both sides with and edge that holds both together.

Tina
PS. you can use the existing accordian track to put in a curtain that would slide on same track.. if the accordian is just in bad shape etc... unless you really want a solid door....

Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

tiinytina

Oh and if they are just "pesky" because they are sticking etc... rub a pencil along both sides of the track and you can use "Lock-ez" or other graphite powder on the sliders.... don't use WD-40 etc as it just attracts dust.
Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

jkilbert

my dad's itasca has the solid door going into the rear bath...your door may have already been replaced by the PO. replacing it is not hard, just buy one of the better doors that have solid panels so you can trim then to size. the other thing to look into is to put in bifold doors instead. these come in  many widths and can be trimmed to fit the proper height. because bifolds are usually hollow you will need to either save the bottom of the door to fill in the opening in the bottom of the door or rip a new piece of wood to fit in the bottom.
Greetings from the steel buckle of the rust belt