Removing Exterior compartment doors - replacement sources?

Started by bob_okc, October 14, 2010, 10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob_okc

How do I remove an exterior compartment door on my 1998 Brave? I have damaged the door that covers my propane tank and I need to get it off to see if I can repair it. Does anyone know where I could find a replacement door if necessary? (and I do think it will be necessary!)

Thanks Bob

DaveVA78Chieftain

First step is to get the parts book for your rig from the Winnebago Site:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/submenu/1998.htmThe door parts are listed under the Window, Vents, & Exterior Door section.  With luck there will be a expanded view drawing for the door in question which will help understand how it is installed.   Parts will be via a Winnebago dealer or http://www.winnebagoparts.com/ or a wreaking yard.

Dave
[move][/move]

bob_okc

Thanks Dave. Sounds like a great resource. I am pretty new at this. Initially my question is about just removing the door. It appears to hang from a rail and has a tab screwed on to keep it in place left to right. I just thought there may be a trick to lifting it out; i.e. sliding it to the right 2 inches, raising the door 1/2 way up, standing on one foot with your eyes closed and reciting twinkle twinkle little star! There always seems to be a trick when you take something to a professional, if you know what I mean.

I just looked at the links that you suggested. Wow! What a valuable resource. I have been hoping to find that kind of info. Thank you.

Bob

PS any suggestions on wrecking yards? I have ventured there on the internet several times and have yet to find a workable/searchable source. I really don't care where they are located as long as I can get good info prior to shipping or traveling.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Bob,
In the members section of this site (button at top of page) we have links to a large number of resources including some of the larger RV wrecking yards and used parts dealers.

Dave
[move][/move]

junkyarddogfan

colaw rv parts and salvage in carthage, mo may be your best bet...
jmho.