Sources for chroming services or "Bully Grill" replacement grill.

Started by LJ-TJ, November 13, 2011, 09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

http://www.paulschrome.com/
I've been thinking of getting the Grills on the 75 Chromed  Hm? Or replacing it with a Bully grill  Hm? Anybody have any thoughts on this one way or another? Any one know were one might start to look for raw stock to make a Bully Grill?

georgethe painter

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

LJ-TJ

Well I wasn't thinking of anything quite that aggressive but something a little along these lines. I know. What a poop

Oz

You can get these grills from just about any on-line supplier, from JC Whitney to JEGS, to Summit and a gazillion more places.  Of course, whatever you got would take cutting and modification to fit.  And, these things aren't cheap.  You might even find something to work with on eBay at a better price. 
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Oz

Just had another thought.  I took off the grill from the Chariot and wet sanded and polished the bejeesus out of it and it gleamed like chrome.

I even had thought of taking some of the roll of chrome body tape (the thick stuff used on auto side panels), cutting it into strips and overlaying each of the grill bars.  This would have actually worked well but, I thought, the front of the rig takes a pretty good beating and I'd end up having to redo it too often.

I also thought about running some chrome body molding over each strip, which would have been the easiest thing but, that stuff only lasts about 3 years until the sun starts to yellow and crack the clear coat on it....

So, I went with the elbow grease and was very, very pleased.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LJ-TJ

:)ThmbUp Good stuff Mark Thanks. You right about cost. I was hoping to find the supplier ( Manufacturer ) so I could buy raw stalk so I could cut it to size.