Need Window Screen Clips

Started by Randy_in_Ohio, April 12, 2012, 11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy_in_Ohio

I am in the process of re-screening all the screens. I need to find replacement plastic clips that hold the screens in on my '84 Elandan. 27 years of sun has made them very brittle!

I have looked everywhere. I thought I had found them, ordered them and they are not the right size...

Does anyone know where to find these?

fgutie35

try the mirror holder clips they sell at walmart. the clear ones. I think I used one of them on my Elandan one time. Later I found the clip that belonged there under the sink.

OldEdBrady

Mark's correct.  I've used those on all screens on the Alfabago.  Work just fine.

Randy_in_Ohio

I think I would have to drill holes to use those mirror clips... I would rather find the original type. Perhaps a picture will help?

OldEdBrady

With the ones I installed, the screws were self-drilling.  However, I built frames inside the windows, so the screws went into the wood of those frames.  So, that may be a consideration for you.

Elandan2

There are various window clips in the Winnebago Parts and Accessories Catalog.  One of those may be the correct one for your rig. http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/pdfs/Winnebago_Catalog.pdf
Rick
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

Randy_in_Ohio

Thanks Rick. these are the only screen clips in found in that the catalogue, and they don't look like them. I may have to go with those mirror clips or just use black tape to secure them like the PO did.  i??
I like to do stuff right, if I can...

Randy_in_Ohio

Quote from: OldEdBrady on April 12, 2012, 09:07 PM
With the ones I installed, the screws were self-drilling.  However, I built frames inside the windows, so the screws went into the wood of those frames.  So, that may be a consideration for you.

Can you post a pic of this? I would like to see how you did this.

Randy_in_Ohio

Ed

I just took a look at your photos and I think I see what your talking about now... I don't think that is going to work with my windows...

I've got to say, that is one of the coolest looking travel trailers I have ever seen! I especially like the somewhat vintage stereo system in there.   I'm a bit of a vintage audio fan myself... :D    What type of amp is that in the one pic?

Oz

Ed's travel trailer is a good match for him (he's kinda "vintage" himself - Love ya, Ed!)

Try Sand's RV in Ohio. They have all kinds of much needed, odd, doo-dads   You can also try Arizona Salvage and the others listed in the resource section of the Member Area. 
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

OldEdBrady

It's a Pioneer Amp, CD player (101-disc), and tape deck.  The bass amp is some other brand that I can't recall any longer.  But, it all works, which is fine with me.

fgutie35

If you want the originals, then check with the guys at colaw RV parts. the got a part for me that no one else had.  :)ThmbUp

DaveVA78Chieftain

Are you looking for the screen handle (Winnebago P/N 016310-03-000)?  Screen itself is held in with grey spline so the only other clip type thingy I could think you are looking for is the corner connectors (frame parts).

pdf page 25 of http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/wincd/1984/84icn30rt.pdf

Dave
[move][/move]