DuraKool Tilt Switch - What does this do?

Started by mhd_graphics, June 07, 2012, 04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhd_graphics

Starting going thru all the parts I removed from my '74 Titan, after the engine fire and found this DuraKool Tilt switch model A-1 mounted on the front engine wall just ahead of the radiator. since the wires were burned, I could not find where the heck that thing went to- no air conditioner (cab) installed so where else could this have been used?

Any ideas?  Hm?

Arberg0

If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." --Thomas Jefferson

mhd_graphics

Hm?   So when I am going up or down a hill it's supposed to automagically switch my headlights?  Hm?

But it's not in the wiring schematic...

Arberg0

I don't know about that.   Hm?  That's all I could find out.  Maybe its not an OEM part, hence not shown on a circuit sheet.  Lots of these older rigs have wiring altered to enhance thing.
Sorry I could not help you more bu, at least you know what it was.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." --Thomas Jefferson