Pressurized water pump pressure?

Started by WillaMeanaGirl, June 16, 2012, 11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillaMeanaGirl

i?? The ol man needs to know how much air pressure the pump should or can put out. (he said to look in plumbing area) I tried using the search but it doesn't work for some reason.

Thanks for ANY and ALL info here.

OldEdBrady

Since almost all RV plumbing is some type of plastic, I wouldn't want more than about 40 psi.  In fact, I have a limiter on the exterior hoses to keep it at or below that pressure.  what is optimum?  No idea.  But someone here will be certain to know.

OldEdBrady

More info.  I just checked one of my catalogs for the limiters (most of the pumps are rated at gpm, not psi).  The limiters range from 35 to 50 psi.  There is one for 55 psi, but it is for "high flow" according to the ad.

WillaMeanaGirl

TY very much Ed! Any idea where to get orig. info on that stuff here?

OldEdBrady

Following is a link.  This is fora particular business, but almost any RV supply would be able to give you the same info--and more. 

The link is for the regulators, since you are most concerned with the pressure.

http://www.statetrailer.com/products/Plumbing-Fresh-Water/Water-Pressure-Regulators-7/

OldEdBrady

Every time I offer someone a site, it seems to be State Trailer, which is in Utah.  However, the very same catalog/inventory carried by State is also here locally in Missouri.  Unfortunately, the site for the local one is more concerned with selling the RVs themselves.

But I know that everything in the State inventory is also available here.  You just can't find it on line.

As a result, even though I give you the Utah site, I am CERTAIN those very same parts are available nationwide.

HandyDan

In Missouri and Kansas, almost all dealers go through Arrow Distributing in Kansas City, Kansas.  This is their website.  You can click on their catalog, but the prices listed are retail prices.  The dealer can get a substantial discount. 
http://arrowdist.com/Home.html
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

OldEdBrady

That's an excellent resource, Dan.  But the company who seems to be behind the stores I frequent is here, with a TOTAL list of them all.

http://www.rvbusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/RVB-2012-Industry-Directory.pdf

OldEdBrady

That link, of course, is only a "Who's Who."

Oz

I'm kinda lost here.... is this an on-board air pump to inflate tires?  Is it an air pump for the pressurized water system?  What is this air pump used for?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

OldEdBrady

Since she was told to look in the plumbing area, I assumed it was the water pump.

WillaMeanaGirl

Mark, it was a pump for the pressurized water system. Sorry for the confussion, but the truth is I wasn't sure either, that's why I wasn't sure where to post it either. I should have waited until I had more info.

Guys, thanks for the info and links! That was a great help. I saved the links so he can get the regulator!