1971 Travco 270 Shift cable change

Started by frank-id2, October 24, 2012, 05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank-id2

The Travco shift cable is stuck.  The cable is long and not easy to keep working nicely.  Have been considering mounting a floor shifter a bit rearward from the foot throttle.  A short bowden cable or even a bar lever could be made to operate the transmission shift lever.  I am also considering a neutral safety
switch bipass.  frank

Oz

Let us know how your modification goes!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LJ-TJ

Have you got any pictures  i?? I just finished changing out the shifter cable in my 75 bago and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Might be easier to change out the cable rather than change out the hole thing.

DaveVA78Chieftain

I suspect his real issue is finding a replacement cable.  You should give him that info also  ;) .   It's a Dodge component so the TRAVCO uses the same one asa Winnebago.

Dave
[move][/move]

LJ-TJ

My problem was the shifter unit it's self so I had to take the hole thing out the cable being part of it. It wasn't that difficult a project thanks to you guys. There was a response at one time were somebody posted the actual NAPA replacement part  numbers but I haven't been able to find it for him. Hm? Good to see you back Dave.