Dumping into home sewer?

Started by BABY GIRL, November 16, 2012, 03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BABY GIRL

can i dump my tanks through my home sewer clean out. its the same as at the dump station?

thanks
jeff

DonD

I do, using a Sewer Solution.

Ran a 1" pipe to the cleanout, made a hole for the pipe and used caulking to seal so I can still turn the cap for access.
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

tiinytina

pretty much.. we ran a 4" line.. to outside... had to when our well got E. coli from ant infestation and we had to live in RV for 2 weeks... parked by the house with a hose to neighbors...
Tina

Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

ClydesdaleKevin

I can't imagine it would hurt anything provided the septic tank isn't full...lol!  Also, if you use Ridex or the like in your septic tank to break down the solids, the chemicals used in RV holding tanks could kill the bacteria and defeat your Ridex efforts.  Other than that, yep, you can dump your holding tanks into your home sewer cleanout inlet.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

DonD

Kev, if I was at home the same amount would go into the home tank as the MH tank. When I get home and dump what I didn't put into the home tank is now in there, no difference in amt  :)clap All is good in poo-land.   :P
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.