Vinyl covered Refrigerator door

Started by Indigo Crow Weaver, September 01, 2012, 09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indigo Crow Weaver

Its the ugliest dang thing! Has anyone any experience with covering and / or redoing this monstrosity??? (Its puke brown/green colored!) Hm?
Indigo - Love the solitude of the open road at dawn.

Oz

Yes.  You can remove it and put anything you want in it's place.  I made an insert of formica to match my countertops and all the cabinetry facing I added:

[smg id=827]
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LazysPhotography

Im going to try some of that paint a chaulkboard stuff out today, ill let ya know how it works out..but yes you can put just about anything there, altho i would think if its anything sticky..might want to put some glue or something seeing how the front of the door should be kinda cold right? idk tho..just a thought. good luck to whatever you put on!! Mines a horrible yellow. It was everywhere,even the counter around the sink.
with the lime green tile floor...now thats sparkling.haha

Oz

Actually, there should be insulation under the panel.  No glue was needed on mine.  I just slid my panel in place of the original one.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ibdilbert01

Yup, as Mark said, the front of the fridge is removable.   Its just a thin board that slides out the top or bottom of the door.  You have to unscrew the top or bottom channel of the door and it just slips right out.    I replaced the front paneling to match my new paneling.    Super Simple.

Constipated People Don't Give a crap!