Coach structural failure?

Started by rcrab, May 31, 2013, 08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcrab

Hello,
I just bought this Sunflyer.  It had the back cap pulled loose and the fiberglass was pulled up over the trim above the Gen Set.  It looked like the previous owner might have caught something on that corner.  I repaired the fiberglass by removing the trim and working it back into the trim.  I then set the cap back to the body and reattached it to the body.  We then took the motor home up camping.  I noticed after going about 50 miles that the fiberglass above the generator pulled up out of the trim piece.  It is all loose out of the trim from about 4 inches in front of the gen set to the cap.  The cap is where it was when repaired.  Is there some type of structure failure going on here.  The gen set seems to be solid.  It seems like the wall has some type of problem.  Any one out there had this type of experience with this motor home?
rcrab i?? i?? i?? i??

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

Stripe

I agree with Dave, would say that it is in fact coming away from the interior framing.

Fredric

BTW, I did not know there was a repair kit, that should be handy..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Oz

There are a couple other topics posted about fiberglass delamination.  Enter delam and delamination in the message search. 
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca