Remove the interior cover off a Coleman Mach EL Air Conditioner?

Started by PwrWgnWalt, June 01, 2013, 06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PwrWgnWalt

Hi all;

It finally quit raining here, so am trying to finsih the roof project.  Cannot seem to be able to get the interior cover panel off the A/C units (Coleman Mach EL). 

Have removed the control knobs, and peered inside the vents at each end... there is a metal bracket at center of each end, and a corresponding hole in the cover, but no screws were in there.  The manual I got with the MH only discusses installation, and I see there are spring clips supposedly holding the cover on, but I have tried pulling a bit to no avail.

Don't want to break the old plastic - any ideas?

Thanks everyone!
- Walt
Walt & Tina

DaveVA78Chieftain

All I can tell you is I have 2 screws like shown on this page:

[move][/move]

PwrWgnWalt

Thanks Dave;

After trying everything I could think of, decided to give pulling hard(er) a try...  I overcame the spring tension and was able to drop them down, then remove the springs from the rail. 

Found out that the original Mach III EL topside a/c units have apparently been replaced with two Mach I units (given part numbers on the various pieces and matching them to the model numbers in the installation manual) - but the inside portion (seen below) still has the Mach III numbers on it... and there were three 9/16th's bolts extending up to the roof unit.

One note - When pulling down on the plastic cover, when I pulled from the sides (vented slots) it felt like I was going to break the plastic before anything would budge, so instead I pulled down from the end (opposite the control knobs) to get this done.  Much sturdier plastic there!

And a close-up of the stout spring, one on each side.

Here are the three 9/16ths (very long) bolts clamping the two parts together and holding the roof unit down:
Walt & Tina

Stripe

Glad you figured it out, given the model you thought you had, I thought for sure it would have been the screw up type..

Thanx for the pics too

Fredric

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28