Pressurized System Vs. Shureflo Pump Wiring Shutoff??

Started by James E Vining, August 10, 2013, 08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James E Vining

I am curious I keep reading my 71 D-20 was supposed to have a Compressor that Used Pressurized air to push the water and it was changed over to a Shurflo Pump system. I was curious as to if there was an advantage to the Air Pressurized System over the Shurflo Design, Other then Obviously even when hooked to City water or Pressurized hookup you will still need to run the pump to get water.
I also cannot figure out how or where the Power shut off for the shurflo pump is or should be, as I would not want it starting and running Dry if I have no water in the plastic tank.

Stripe

If memory serves me correct, the sureflow has an automatic shutoff built in.
It will pressurize the water system and shut off till needed and will shutoff when there is no water in the system as well..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

DaveVA78Chieftain

QuoteI was curious as to if there was an advantage to the Air Pressurized System over the Shurflo Design
Parts no longer available for pressurize air system

QuoteOther then Obviously even when hooked to City water or Pressurized hookup you will still need to run the pump to get water.

There is a one way valve built into these pumps so if installed properly, they are not run when connected to city water.

One way valve shown in that drawing for city water connection is normally built into the city water fill valve.   Usually best to have a external water pressure regulator attached to the supply hose (Walmart RV section).

Dave
[move][/move]

Stripe

If you have a on/off switch for your water pump such as in my Holiday Rambler, you don't need to have it on when hooked to city water, otherwise the pump will still run when running water..
I still forget to switch it off when hooked up at camps.  I only remember when I run water and hear the pump going.. :)
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28