Replacing Windows with Dual Pane or Something Better at least.

Started by James E Vining, August 10, 2013, 03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James E Vining

I have noticed with my Furnace and some other Items it appears they cut the holes in the Thermo-Stuff and then attached the items be it windows, furnace, etc.
Do the windows actually come out just by removing the outside 50 Self taping looking screws?
Or should I say is that all that is holding them in? It appears (Jackwagon) removed a couple windows and sanded/Ground on the outer skin then re installed the window, I have no Idea why and they did not do anything to repair the sanding/grinding marks and I have noticed some of the Sealant is no longer looking very durable and (Jackwagon) did a Horrific job of Gooping on a bunch of silicone sealant on spots where I assumed it leaked and I want to fix all of them ASAP or at least before the 200 days of straight rain hit.
BTW what is recommended to use for sealant on the Windows and the Aluminum Edge trim that Runs From top to bottom on Both Sides Front and back as it has cracked and started to pull away from Shell and Trim and I can see water working its way in there and making me Winnie Soggy Internally

Froggy1936

You cannot beat pure silicone for long lasting seal The only drawback is you cannot paint it ! Alex is paintable but it drys out and cracks leaving you where you started   Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Oz

I'm assuming that you have the square windows.  Yes, they come out by removing the screws.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

James E Vining

Yes Square, well actually some are square and some are rectangle, like the ones in your avatar picture doodad.

Oz

Interesting.  The square ones should come right out by removing the screws.  If the round ones have screws on the outside, then the PO had them out already and they should all come out the same. 

I don't recall if there's any special considerations taking out the round ones if the screws are on the inside without checking the Eyebrow coach manual.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca