Turn signal Indicator wire colors?

Started by Wbago, May 15, 2014, 08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wbago

1987 Chevy p30 chassis, on my Chieftain 22rc ...
ive got 2 clusters of wires leaving the steering column, anyone got a clue what wires are the indicator wires ?? :'(

im hooking in the alarm, gotta connect them to blinkers, and ive got no ignition harness at the mo (waiting for parts), so i cant turn them on to find them with a tester either lol :D

Froggy1936

wbago i have a 64 to 1988 Chilton Repair manual for mid size GM With wireing diagrams $ 10.00+ shipping (need zip) PM me if interested  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

DaveVA78Chieftain

For $5 you can have a one year membership
For $25 you can have a lifetime membership.

Either way, you will then have access to a full set (pdf version) of 87 P30 manuals (Service, Unit, Wiring, Front end alignment, and the special GM  Motorhome Service manual) in the Member area for free.   They would save you a whole lot of headaches.

Dave
[move][/move]

Wbago

Froggy - cheers for the offer, but im in UK, by the time it arrived i can test all the wires lol

Dave - Tempting :D

Googled it .. found about 8 different pages all supposedly what im after, and they all list the colours as light blue and normal blue ... its a good start point for the tester :D

Rickf1985

The membership fee is worth every penny the first time you use those manuals.

M & J

Agreed. Paypal is global. Easy to do and worth every penny as stated above.
M & J

Wbago

Jobs done :D
thank you internet :D

wires were light blue and blue, just as in the diagrams i found, although the rear indicators dont flash ... could be cos ive got no ignition wiring loom in tho, ill have to look at a later date if its an issue :D

Im afraid im a bit of a cheapskate, tho .. .ill buy things when i cant get em free, not before :D

ramit

reason back dont flash is theres four  wires for signels rears are a dark green and yellow or light green ita been many years since ive worked on them  but used to be an auto electric tec but that was some 20 years ago

M & J

Your time is worth something also. Consider how much time you spend searching for something when its probably right here.

Perhaps 3 quid is worth not having to spent so much time searching?

Maybe.
M & J