no fuel to Carburetor

Started by CCTVED, July 08, 2014, 12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCTVED

Hello (P30 454)
This weekend we to a trip to Ambrose Lake, Michigan
On the way home my RV started running ruff I pulled over and pulled the fuel filter out of the Carb. Then it ran like new when I pulled the fuel filter no gas came out at all and the filter looks like new when I put it in this past winter..why does it run so bad with filter in carb please help...
Ed

DonD

Filter's plugged. Even water can swell the paper element and fuel won't flow. The bronze one's are no better, water will stop them too.

Welcome!!!!
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

legomybago

Some say take that filter out if you have vapor lock issues...
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

CCTVED

circleD

There wont be much coming out when you take the filter out except for maybe an ounce. I've just replaced my fuel lines and thought they'd drain all at once but just the little bit in that area due to the pressure. So if you decide to check fuel lines think of it like this. When you put a straw in a drink then place your finger over the top what happens when you pull it out? Then what happens when you move your finger off of the top slowly? It comes out slowly So like our carb fuel systems you'll get a little bit at first then once air works it way up/down the lines more fuel will eventually run out. Be careful and good luck.

CCTVED

Oz

Thank you circleD.  I split the topic and the info you posted to go with it.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca