Inverter - can you mount one on the wall / vertical mount?

Started by skodacanada, July 27, 2014, 07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skodacanada

Hi,

I picked up a small 900w Energizer inverter to invert power for small house hold items & electronics.

The manual says it should be mounted horizontally, but the location I'd like to place it is in an upper cupboard against the wall on it's side  (so it doesn't take up too much room and so I can read the display screen). It would have a good 4-5" behind the fan to allow for circulation.

I can't think of any reason it couldn't be mounted on the wall, apart from maybe some sort of cooling reason.

From those with experience, can an inverter be mounted on a wall?

Thanks,
Christopher

Stripe

It probably can be.  There is a contact number you can call.  1-866-295-6775

Worst they can say is no, can't hurt to ask..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

circleD

The only thing I see that could happen is that the weight of the cord could pull itself out of the outlet and the cooling fan may not be made to run on that axis even though it will. They want you to use it so it runs great and make their name look good.  So I say go ahead but support the cord by tying it off or something to keep the weight and pressure off the prongs. If the fan starts to rattle, then lay it down. Also check to see where the heat vents are so all the heat doesn't go to a delicate area.
It has a warranty so play hard then return it  :)rotflmao

skodacanada

Thanks guys - I may just give a call.

I'm sure it's not a biggie - I'm really not planning on using it often as most of my do-dads are 12V, but I may need to change some electro-device from time to time, or maybe watch a TV once a year.  I'd guess leaving enough room around it for air to circulate would be more important.