Source for 17 x 8 and 19 x 7.5 tires

Started by The_Handier_Man1, November 26, 2008, 08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Handier_Man1

Sent: 8/31/2005 10:18 AM

Where can I buy Tires to fit my Winnie at a reasonable price? I`ve got 17 x 8 and 19 x 7.5(rears) I don`t have splits on hte rear but I do on the front.   

Sent: 8/31/2005 6:56 PM

Reasonable?  that depends upon your definition of the word.  They ain't cheap.  I use 17.5s   The best price I;ve found so far is just under $200 per tire.  I'm still looking.

Sent: 8/31/2005 7:34 PM

For my daughters 97 dodge sedan, I can choose from several brands/types/grades of tires at any old tire place. For my 84 horizon, they seem to only stock two types, one of them a Chinese brand.
For my 72 motorhome, I usually have to find a truck tire supplier who is willing to make some phone calls. I would consider myself fortunate if he can find ANY 7.50-17 LT bias ply tire in a load range D or E, and am happy if they arrive in less than a couple of weeks. With the prices of transport involving the cost of fuel, if they cost less $200 each.....I might buy extras.
On the other hand, in 14 years and 51,000 miles, I have only bought 8 new RV tires. And for the last 10,000 miles I have been running 2 used matched-pairs that I got via ebay for about $40 apiece -wheel.included

Sent: 8/31/2005 10:31 PM

near me in Delaware there is a place on rt 13 called Earls tire(I think)they quoted me $129ea installed for Firestone 8R 17.5 tires. 

Sent: 8/31/2005 11:13 PM

Mine were 118 bucks a tire, including new inner tubes and "flaps" (rim boots).  Since we bought 7 of them, the shop didn't charge us for mounting, and we didn't bother havng them balanced.  The shop is called Colony Tire, and the one we went to was in Elizabeth City, NC.  Its a chain, but  don't know if they are all over the country or not.  The tire brand is "STA, Specialty Tires of America", and are made by Denman.

Kev

Sent: 1/18/2006 5:07 PM

Brian, the member register doesn't say where you are.  But, if you're anywhere in the west, Les Schwab sells the tires you are looking for.  they ain't cheap, but they haven 'em.

Sent: 1/19/2006 1:04 AM

i live in whitefield n.h 03598... ps what is the metric size.it goes on a
1972 leisure time travel trailer

Sent: 1/19/2006 9:13 AM

The tires for travel trailers are supposedly different from the ones on motorhomes. I know my tires, (7.50-17 bias play) have an LT after the 7.50-17.
It means its a Light Truck tire. As far as I know there is no metric equivalent to these. The tires usually put on travel trailers have an ST or a T after the tires size - meaning they are for trailers. Im sure you can use other tires on travel trailers, assuming the load limits on the tires add up to more than the TT weighs, but I dont know anything about it. And Im sorry but I I dont know what the metric equivalent to any 'inch' size would be.

Sent: 1/19/2006 5:33 PM

Goodyear makes a good trailer tire called a Marathon.  If you call the tire place and give them the metric number they should be able to tell you what size that equals in US measurement.  Make sure the tire is load rated for the weight of your trailer.  Is the traier one axle or two?  Just be sure that the tire load capasity is equal to the GVRW of your trailer.