What size awning?

Started by MSN Member, April 27, 2009, 01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpy

Sent: 6/24/2008

Need to add an awning to a 73 d-22 Indian.
I was thinking a 16 ft.
any suggestions from the gallery?
What do others have?

Lumpy

LJ-TJ

Sent: 6/26/2008

Well I have a 21'er and am planing on putting the front arm so it drops ahead of the mirror and the rear arm so it drops just behind the generator bay. That way I max the full length of the motorhome.

jstuart333

Sent: 6/30/2008

I have a '76 Chieftain D23C with a 17' awning. The front support is located at the center of the front wheel well. The back support is located just aft of the door for the propane tanks. I upgraded the awning from an A&E 5000 series to an 8500 series. I also have an extra rafter at the center of the awning just to the rear of the stove hood vent.

I use it on every trip. It is usually set up with the poles off the coach.Water tends to accumulate in the fabric so you need to be a little careful when opening.

Brownfamily

I know this is an old post but does anyone know if there were any original awnings on a 73 Indian. Mine has holes and a top rail for one but not sure if that was original or aftermarket at some point in its life.

I would like to match the holes as best as possible.
Jon

1973 Winnebago Indian D-24 M400 Chassis

Oz

An awning was neither standard equipment nor an optional feature.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Brownfamily

Thanks. I didn't think so but i see so many beat up salvage rigs rotting away with awnings and thought maybe....I really don't want to spend $1200 plus for new system so will probably still try to pick up a used one.
Jon

LJ-TJ

I put my 18' awning together for $140.00. Usually you can buy one off a wreck for around that.

Brownfamily

Cool. I am trying to find one.
Jon