Dually Tyre pressure Equalisation

Started by The_Handier_Man1, November 27, 2008, 12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Handier_Man1

Sent: 9/12/2004 4:08 PM

Hi All,

I have just found that there is a UK distributor for the Crossfire tyre pressure equalisation system.  I think it works by connecting to both valve stems of a Dually pair and it lets the presures equalise.  If there is rapid defalation in one of the tyres it doesn't let the good tyre deflate.

Does anyone have experience with these things?.  If I understand it correctly, you only have to add air into a valve on the crossfire to inflate BOTH tyres.  If that's right it could make life a lot easier.  It should make your tyres last longer too, not a problem for us I know but another advantage would be better mileage due to all the tyres being at the correct pressure.

Cheers Ian...

Sent: 9/12/2004 11:02 PM

Ian, I used the cousin of these (the CatsEye) for several years on my big truck with excellent results.  Yes, they do equalize pressure across both tires while locking up upon a sudden loss of air (such as a blowout).  Yes, they have a single fill point located on the equalizer itself; the two air lines go to each tire.

One note here:  When you install them, connect the inside valve first -- or you will have a flat outside tire by the time you complete installation of both if you connect the outside tire first!  This is in the instructions.

John