Changing toilet seal

Started by Dolores, May 31, 2015, 01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolores

Does anyone know how to 'get at' and change the seal on a Aqua Magic toilet please?   I've got as far as undoing the bolts which hold the toilet down, and disconnecting the water supply-----but I can't see how to get access to the actual seal. I guess it's faulty as the slider which cuts off the toilet from the holding tank, only opens half way across.  Are the instructions on the Forum anywhere?  Thanks.

Bnova

Once you get the nuts off of the two hold down bolts, just lift the toilet off of the mount and the seal will probably stay attached to the toilet.  They are not wax like the house toilet, it's a foam rubber seal.  I just changed mine, nice to work with.

You might have something else going on though if the "slider" won't move all the way.  That module which contains the "slider", can be removed and replaced. 

Oz

There are a LOT of toilet manuals on the site.  Especially Thetford.  A Full Membership will give you instant access to manuals for hundreds of makes and models of toilets, furnaces, refrigerators, generators, air conditioners, water heaters and much more. 

The first thing to do when you want to fix or maintain anything automotive or accessory related, is to have the manual in hand, if it's available.  So often, the manual alone can give you the answer to solving your issue.  And if not, you have it as the perfect reference when members provide help.

:)   :)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

TerryH

The site Thetford manual is very good. It has an exploded parts diagram that will make you wish other manufacturers would provide for their products.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore