raplacing radio

Started by jeno, April 17, 2015, 10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeno

1989 winnebago id like to replace the radio in the dash but it seems it will only take one with knobs on it any thoughts on how i can replace with one without knobs? thanks

Elandan2

You will have to cut out the opening to accept the radio without knobs (single DIN mount)  Rick
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

jeno

TripleJ

I did this on mine this past week.  Im not sure what your dash looks like, but I was able to make a really clean cut on my aluminum dash with a high speed metal air saw from harbor freight.  Ive had it for years and it just paid for itself fully. Heres the finished product:

I opted for a digital media receiver because I don't use CDs or anything anymore.  Pretty much only stream bluetooth :)

The red toggle switch above it is wired to let me run the radio off the house batteries while Im parked with no key in the ignition.  With the switch off the radio goes on and off like normal when you start the engine  :)ThmbUp

****I just noticed that the radio looks like its crooked in the dash... Its just the angle of the picture.  It is perfectly square with the horizontal plane in reality - at least as far as the eye can tell while in the vehicle
'85 Holiday Rambler Presidential '28