Need a new toilet.

Started by acenjason, October 22, 2015, 09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acenjason

So, my old thetford toilet started leaking. It only leaks when you flush it and it isn't sewage from the bottom it is fresh water from the top near the valve. I am into buying a new one but I am super worried about getting one that fits. I recently bought a macerator that was not compatible and had to get an adapter. No big deal. But putting in a new toilet has to fit and I need help figuring out what to get. Please help. Thanks in advance.

xerofall

Have you tried to isolate the leak? Maybe try to fix what you have instead of replacing the whole unit?

I had a problem with mine, it was a cracked water valve, the one that's pressed by the foot pedal...

http://www.statetrailer.com/products.php?item=BALL+VLV+SEALAND%2FMANSFIEL&cat=S1&item_no=71000600&detail=true

It was cracked and despite my lack of plumbing knowledge I was able to fix it.

HandyDan

Thetford has a conversion chart on their website to help select compatible models.  Just go to thetford.com and click on support and look for product conversion chart.
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

TerryH

A little late now as you've bought a macerator, but did you consider a composting toilet - Air Head or Nature's Head (identical)?
Never have to worry about black water again and frees up BW holding tank.
I know Kevin has one and I believe Joan Fenn does as well. I've had two on boats and they are great. Second on my list for pricey purchases, after on demand water heater.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

joanfenn

Yes I do in both the trailer and the motor home.  Haven't needed the dump station for three years. :)ThmbUp

Rickf1985

What do you do with your grey water? Around here it is illegal to dump grey water on the ground.
(Yes, I know. ;) I water the trees occasionally too. W% )

Bnova

Quote from: acenjason on October 22, 2015, 09:56 PM
So, my old thetford toilet started leaking. It only leaks when you flush it and it isn't sewage from the bottom it is fresh water from the top near the valve. I am into buying a new one but I am super worried about getting one that fits. I recently bought a macerator that was not compatible and had to get an adapter. No big deal. But putting in a new toilet has to fit and I need help figuring out what to get. Please help. Thanks in advance.

More than likely the vacuum breaker, there is a seal on it that deteriorates and then ever time you flush, it blows out a bunch of water like where you're describing and that's exactly what mine was doing as well.

I paid 25 bucks shipped, for mine on ebay, here's what you'll need if it's a starlite toilet.  Might fit other models as well, but what ever one you have I'm sure there's parts available:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thetford-20830-RV-Toilet-Vacuum-Breaker-Galaxy-Starlite-White-/181543693676?hash=item2a44d8ed6c

I'm sure you can find one for less money too, just posted this link as example.

acenjason

Hey thanks for the info guys. But I just want to buy a new toilet and am looking for one that will fit a 1975 D21. I don't really want to mess with it just put on a new one. I will contact thetford but if someone knows the exact toilet I could get that would be awsome. Thanks again guys........maybe OZ or Dave might know?

DaveVA78Chieftain

Based on the 1975 D21 parts book, you should have either a Aqua Magic Model SH or a Electra Magic toilet.

Thetford Toilet Replacement Chart
[move][/move]

acenjason