1991 Holiday Rambler - What's this above the drive shaft?

Started by zaa, May 25, 2016, 11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaa

I'm not sure what this is, it might be missing some parts? The round thing above the hanger bearing mount. This is mid-vehicle, a bit behind the steps. Sorry for the blurry picture.

kennyrodgers

I have the same thing on my 94 Southwind. I believe it's the levelling sensor for the jacks but I'll happily stand corrected.

J.F.D.I

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

RANGERRICK

Yes , Dave is correct.That is the leveling sensor for the four leaver leveling system made by HWH.

zaa

Hmm, I'm not sure this one is connected, I'll have to take a closer look. How is it supposed to work? This vehicle does not have a computerized leveling that I'm aware of. It has four handles to control each hydraulic jack.

Thanks,
Z

legomybago

You adjust the screws on the sensor so it's mounted level under the rig (make sure to manually level your rig first), then at your control panel (for the four jack lever operation), you should have little green and red lights. That sensor (under the rig)tells your green lights to turn off when level. The system actually works pretty good, I just use the lights to level our P30 rig.
Red light on = jack in the down position.
Green light on = low spot, raise that jack some more till light goes off. This is how my system works anyway.....
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

69skylark

Legomybago
you're right on
I have an 87 rambler
same set up

legomybago

I think a lot of these systems were installed in the mid to late 80's till ???? There is nothing computerized about them, it's all operated manually by hand, with aid from some "idiot" lights!  :)ThmbUp   

zaa

circleD

I just make sure all lights are green and the walk in door opens and shuts along with a level kitchen counter.
Some things on these old rigs don't work like they should.

legomybago

I suppose you could wire the lights to work either way. Green level, green not so level?  i??