73' Indian Batteries/Gen Trays-Slide?

Started by Jonbbrew, May 07, 2016, 07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonbbrew

Hello all,

Are the trays for the batteries and generator supposed to slide out ? Or do you have to just work in the small areas? Getting ready to dig into my Gen to get it running.

PS also what to use to replace dirty/fuel/oil soaked heat insulation in gen cabinet?

Thanks all!
Keep Er' Goin' Eh!

Jonathan

LJ-TJ

Both should slide out. The Generator bay slide may be bolted down. Usually the battery bay hasn't been slid out in so long it will be stuck. Hm?

Jonbbrew

Thanks. Will get the hammer out I guess on the battery slide but not sure about e gen one. It looks pretty heavy. Can't see the design that would keep the tray from tipping out.

Still need to find someone who knows about the fire proof insulation padding stuff.
Keep Er' Goin' Eh!

Jonathan

yellowrecve

The gen may not be made to slide. To slide the complete tray, floor and muffler would have to move as 1. Many are installed into a fixed cabinet.
RV repairman and builder of custom luxury motor homes, retired, well, almost, after 48 years.

JerryP

There may be a drop pin in the battery tray, plus, it may have some rust holding in tight.
Has some trouble getting my batter drawer open the first time.
Jerry P
89 Winnebago Chieftain 23RC
A work in progress

burt6666

Gen does not slide out.Battery tray does.

TerryH

Some generator drawers do slide in and out. Some do not.
Some battery drawers do slide in and out. Some do not.
Depends on your model and how it was ordered.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

khantroll

Neither of mine slide. I plan on making a new battery tray eventually that does slide out.

I too am interested in what form of insulation can be used in the generator cabinet.